Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sweet Sunday Birthday Girl

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC95. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

I switched gears from my usual Sunday Christmas cards because I need to beef up my stash of birthday cards. The first few months of the year are a busy birthday time in my family so I thought I'd get a little head start.

This week's sketch seemed perfect for one of the tall, slim, a-la-mode images from MFT so I pulled out my Birthday Girl set. I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo black and coloured most of her with copics. Her dress is paper pieced though, with one of the patterns from my Cosmo  Cricket Circa 1934 mini deck. That wee bit of paper piecing was definitely a labour of love because it's behind the cupcake, so then I had to paper piece the cupcake on top of it, but I love the end result and would do it again in a heart beat. I added sparkle to the black bow, her shoes and her hair band with my clear Spica glitter pen and gave her a sparkly diamond necklace. I cut some patterned flowers with my flower trio die-namics and added the fun black scallop detail with my little open scallop. I didn't mean to stitch on every layer...it just kinda happened...and I love it!!!

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now let's go see what gorgeous creations the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Jen Tapler - she's taking this week off for a little R&R
Joanne Basile
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

13 comments:

Lynn Put said...

This is fabulous Karen! I love all of the detail on the image, the pretty papers and stitching!

chris said...

wow Karen this is just so extra special, so love the mixture of textures and patterns.

Jackie Pedro said...

This is a fantastic card, karen! Love every detail!!!

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness...the details!! Wow, am super impressed that you pp'd her dress and your cutting out skills...again Wow! :)

Karen Giron said...

OOOOH!! Flipping the sketch gives it a whole new attitude! I love this!

Danni said...

Love this! Such pretty papers! and fun flower and textures! Awesome job!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute as always Karen, that image is adoreable!!! LOve the papers and how you flipped the sketch!!

Dana White said...

This is fabulous - you could pop this in the mail for a birthday on the 18th

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Too cute! Love the flipped version and that image is adorable! Great paper picks!

Jessie/knightrone said...

VERY pretty!!

Donna Baker said...

I love all the stitching too! the colors are so fun & so is this skinny girl - ha!

dawnmercedes said...

ooh, I love this image! wow!

Lisa H. said...

oooooo! delish!