Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Candy Cane Gift Tag

I needed to wrap up a hostess gift recently and I always keep a stash of kraft gift bags on hand (they're perfect for any occasion) so all I had to do was create a festive bag tag!

I reached for my Candy Cane Kisses a la mode set from MFT. She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics. I added plenty of sparkle to the candy cane with dazzling diamonds glitter then cut her out. The patterned papers are from my October Afternoon Good Cheer pad and I thought the red striped paper mimicked the candy cane perfectly. I used my Labels 8 to cut out the papers then simply tore some cream cardstock to make it look like she's standing on a snowy hill. I finished the tag with a big SU grommet and some fun brown polka dot ribbon.

Hopefully your holiday preparations are winding down and you're able to enjoy quality time with family and friends. And if you still need wrapping ideas, tags and gift bags like this one are pretty quick to whip up!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Kerry Johnson said...

ACK! Love this! The torn cardstock is so perfect and I love the colours!

Anonymous said...

Girl, this is fab! I love the red striped paper as the background!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

This is so adoreable! I have a hard time with tags and love to get new ideas. Thanks for this example!

Leslie said...

Ooh, that is very cute. Your cutting skills are .... I'm speechless!

Jessie/knightrone said...

COMPLETELY cute!!