Friday, October 2, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek-Day 2

Today the Baker's Dozen is sharing samples using the adorable new Wings of Joy set and the coordinating Christmas Key Ingredients. These items will be available from Taylored Expressions starting tomorrow, October 3rd from 8am PST.

I have to tell you, I love love LOOOOOOOOOVE Wings of Joy!!! Surely you know by now that I'm a bit of a bird lover (that's an understatement!) and once you see all the samples with this set you'll know why I adore it so much! I truly feel like it was designed specifically for me! I think Nancy really hit this one out of the park...she's such an amazing designer!!!
First I created this fun and whimsical card using the birds with a garland image. I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream (from the Christmas Key Ingredients) and coloured it with copics. I stamped the image a second time so I could pop each individual item for dimension.
I added a little sparkle to the bird wings with my red Spica glitter pen...don't you just love those little holly leaf wings...too cute!!! The mittens and hats were calling out for more detail so I added some fun Rockstar Red Sparkly Fluff, also from the Christmas Key Ingredients.

The rest of the card came together rather quickly because of the fun patterned paper and solid colours in the Christmas Key Ingredients. I chose to work with the multicolour snowflake paper from Cosmo Cricket's Jolly by Golly line. I matted the image with Blush Red Dark then stitched along the edges and mounted it on foam tape. Next I used my EK large scallop border on a strip of Sunflowers Medium and layered one of the coordinating ribbons from the Christmas key Ingredients. The chipboard snowflakes are also from the Christmas Key Ingredients and I decided to leave them plain because the rest of the card is so colourful. I added buttons to the center of each snowflake and you'll receive the buttons in the Very Merry Christmas Bundle, but not in the Christmas Key Ingredients. The last thing I added was the sentiment which is punched out with an oval and tucked behind the image panel.

When I finished the card I whipped up a quick altered mini book to use as my Christmas shopping list/gift ideas book.
I kept the design very basic and didn't add any dimension because I know this little book will be in and out of my purse a lot over the next few months. The image is again stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics. I couldn't resist adding a touch of Rockstar Red Sparkly Fluff to three of the ornaments though.
I used one of the coordinating Jolly by Golly cardstock stickers as my 'presents under the tree'. The cardstock stickers are available in the Very Merry Christmas Bundle.
I know there's lots more to look at on the rest of the Baker's Dozen so let's hop over for a peek.

Tomorrow is release day so I'll have a sample with yet another new set. And it's also World Cardmaking Day and Taylor has wonderful things planned so stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

16 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh Karen, you make me want this set so bad!! Fabulous creations...love the string of stockings all popped up and the little notebook is adorable!

Sankari W. said...

Get out with the cuteness!!! LOVE it Karen!!! Its so Saucy! ;) I love the sweet little paper piecing on the socks and mittens and love that idea of a christmas shopping book!! That's what I need to keep me from losing my sanity this season! What a great idea and love that you used the stickers for the presents!!! SO beautiful!!!!
Big Hugs!
Sankari :)

Jackie Pedro said...

So adorable, Karen!! I love the idea of a Christmas notebook....I think I might be whipping one up for myself very soon!!!

Jami said...

Who owuldn't love to have that little notebook for the holiday season? And you card - love the bright colors and all that dimension - fantastic!

Karen Giron said...

LOVE, LOVE these!! How cute are all of those cut out images??? Karen, you know how to do cute, for sure!!

Denise Marzec said...

AWESOME cards, girl!! LOVE how colorful that first card is...totally yummy!!...and how 'bout that fantastic shading you did on that tree!! Too cool!

Taylor said...

Such beautiful creations, Karen! Your coloring is gorgeous as always!! This set definitely has your name written all over it! :)

Jodi Collins said...

How FAB my sweet friend! This set was MADE for you! LOVE LOVE LOVE your card with your amazing coloring, the fun layout and the perfectly placed embellies! The altered book is SUCH a fab idea! LOVE!

Anonymous said...

Love them mall but the socks & mitts one is adorable

Teresa Kline said...

I am super excited to see all of the new release, your creations are gorgeous...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Dawn Easton said...

Ohhhhhhhh I love how you popped up the images on your first card! So cute!

The little book is a GREAT idea!!

Jocelyn K aka JoBear2 on My SCS Gallery said...

I think I am in love with these new TE sets already!! That garland image is so, so sweet. LOVE your cards - they are so bright and beautiful.

Leslie said...

Love how you popped up all the elements on the garland - super cute!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So, so sweet, Karen! LOVE the dimension on the clothesline. . .so cool! And that altered book. . .awesome!

Unknown said...

LOVE them both!! Great bright colors and just too cheery and Christmasy - great job!! :)

Dina said...

Ahhhhh that string of mittens is too cute...LOVE your coloring! Great job!