Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch time!

Karen Giron has created another fabulous Sweet Sunday Sketch for us to play along with. You'll find SSSC38 on her blog, The Sweetest Thing.

I went for quick and simple with my card for this sketch. I keep wanting to use one of the fabulous larger sentiments from Stamping Bella and this was the card to do it with. I paired 'If you obey...' with the Swirly Circles Border to create the focal image then I cut it out with square Nestabilities.

I used my bright and happy Basic Grey Indian Summer patterned paper and paired it with Prism Blush Red Light, razzleberry and chocolate chip. I added some coordinating Primas and finished it with a few fuschia Bonbons precisely placed on the image and in the flower center.

Check out these fabulous stampers for more Sweet Sunday inspiration!
and of course, Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen


10 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Karen, you've done quick and simple beautifully. The colours are so bright and cheery.

xx Sarah

Vicki Burdick said...

Love the bright colors! The Primas are so fun!! Beautiful!!!

Lynn Put said...

Lovely card for the sketch Karen!
I really like how you've used the Stamping Bella sentiment as your focal point on your card and the flowers and Bonbons are the perfect touch!

Karen Giron said...

Beautiful!!! I love the bright colors and the pop of bling with the sentiment - very cute!

Danni said...

How very fun!

Norine said...

what a fun card love the colors
Hugs
Norine

Mary J said...

Brilliant saying from a brilliant woman! Love what you've done - gorgeous colours!

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty.

Nancy said...

I'm still snickering at this quote considering your career as a police officer! lol
Quick and simple looks good too. Love the colours!

Dina said...

What gorgeous colors! That Basic Grey DP is stunning and I love the sentiment & flower!