Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sweet Sunday Circles

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch, courtesy of Karen Giron. You'll find the sketch on Karen's blog, The Sweetest Thing.
When I first saw this week's sketch, SSSC40, I was a little apprehensive. I definitely thought this one was going to be a challenge for me. But once I thought about it a little, the idea to use the small images from Branching Out Coordinates from Taylored Expressions seemed like a perfect fit for this sketch, so I ran with it.

I wanted to use fall colours so I reached for my September 20th Key Ingredients. I honestly can't stress enough how much I LOVE the Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions...everything is so perfectly coordinated. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed! And if you decide to purchase a monthly subscription, it's a monthly charge so you don't have to put out all the money up front. Ok...enough about the Key Ingredients (but I could go on and on about them...seriously!).

I stamped the pear and apple images with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream then coloured them with copics. I wanted the pear to have a greenish/brown undertone so I used YG91 before colouring it with the two yellow copics. I used my clear Glaze pen on the fruit to make them shine. The fruit are punched out with my 3/4" circle punch then layered onto a 7/8" circle of brown. The chipboard flowers and buttons are from the September 20th Key Ingredients and all I did was colour the flowers with a brown copic before adhering the buttons.

The sentiment is from Branching Out and it's cut out with the smallest size of the Double Ended Tags. I added two bits of bling (also from the September 20th Key Ingredients) to anchor the sentiment. The Buttercream card base has a finished size of 3.25 x 6.5 inches.

Let's go see what the other Sweet Sunday Stampers came up with for this sketch.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

14 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is just so amazing! Love the way you used the stamp set and how perfectly the KI work with it! Love this big time Karen!!

Karen Giron said...

This is delicious!! I love the little stamps you used and the glaze pen added the perfect touch!

Jen Tapler said...

Oh, this is adorable Karen!! I especially love the little buttons!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word, what a cute cute CUUUUUUTE card! Love the button/flower combination on some of the circle elements. Awesome!

Janet said...

soooooo cute!! i am scared of this sketch! lol
hugs

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Ooooh this is soooo cute. I love the colours you've used and the buttons.. DELICIOUS!!!

xx Sarah

Lynn Put said...

What a sweet card! The TE stamps look adorable on your card and I love the chipboard flowers and buttons!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is awesome!!! I love this!!! It is adorable!

Meahni Pieterse said...

Great card Karen, it looks like a lot of work though, would probably take me all day!

Danni said...

What a great card!

Unknown said...

Your take on the sketch is absolutely perfect Karen!
Viv xx

Margaret de Witt said...

This is wicked. Love it Karen

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card Karen. Love the colors, the cute images... the border punch... TFS!

paula said...

Like circle inchies!! How cool, love the fruit!!