Thursday, October 1, 2009

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek-Day 1

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas time, of course, or at least time to start on your Christmas creations if you haven't already done so!

I absolutely adore Christmas...it's my very favourite holiday of the year. Today I'm happy to be showing you a Christmas card made with the brand new Christmas Blessings set from Taylored Expressions. This is the second set in the 'Lasting Impressions' line and it will be available in the TE Store on Saturday, October 3rd from 8am PST.
There are gorgeous shadow images in this set along with wonderful sentiments for both the card front and the inside of your card. Taylored Expressions will be selling the elegant SEI Christmas Mint patterned paper (also available on October 3rd) to coordinate with the Christmas Blessings set. My SEI paper didn't arrive on time for me to use on my card but I did use some of the coordinating colours of Prism cardstock: Suede Brown Dark, Suede Brown Medium, and Classic Red, along with Choice Buttercream. You'll see samples of the gorgeous SEI papers on the other sneak peeks today.

On my card I stamped the image with chocolate pigment ink then embossed it with clear powder so it's shiny IRL. I created my own patterned paper by repeatedly stamping the leaf image with Memento Rich Cocoa then I added Christmas Red Stickles to the berries. I stamped the sentiment in Versamark then embossed it with vanilla powder. I added some Vintage Trim to the left of the red strip to help balance the light coloured sentiment. I used Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #84 for the layout but I realized after I finished the card that I forgot the panel under the image...doh! :)

Let's go see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen has created with the gorgeous Christmas Blessings set. Laura Fredrickson and Dawn Easton won't have a sample with this set because their packages were delayed crossing the border, but they'll be back in the line-up for tomorrow and Saturday.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

15 comments:

Nancy said...

Simply gorgeous, Karen! This really is a set for embossing and elegant embellishments.

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS Karen! LOVE the colors you used and the beautiful embossing! This is SOOOO striking!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this girlie!!

Taylor said...

This is beautiful, Karen! I love the addition of the vintage trim along the side! And the colors are so rich!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Wow! This just jumped off the screen at me! Karen, this is just stunning!!! Wow! So elegant ans striking all at the same time! Love it!

Sharon Harnist said...

Stunning card, Karen -- I love the olive branch paper you created, the red Stickles are the perfect accent! Also love the pop of red and vintage trim -- perfect compliments to the crisp silhouette!

Denise Marzec said...

Love the rich colors, love that you added the lace trim to the edge of the CS, and the stickles on the berries is just perfect! Gotta try that next time!

Jami said...

Well I hate to say it, but I'm glad your paper didn't arrive, because if it had you might not have created this absolutely STUNNING card! It's so dramatic and perfectly balanced - I love it!

Christina Fischer said...

WOW -- this is a gorgeous card, Karen!

Donna Baker said...

this card is stunning with the wise men in black & no other coloring! love your flourish bg paper!

Dawn Easton said...

Karen, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the little bit of sparkle!

Jackie Pedro said...

Stunning, Karen!! LOVE the chocolate and red together!!

Karen Giron said...

I love this color combo! The black silhouette just pops off the paper. Lovely!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is so striking and dramatic in black and red! Beautiful card!

Sankari W. said...

WOW!!! Seriously!!! Amazing, elegant, lovely and perfect are all the words that pooped in my head in seeing this card!!! simply fantastic! I love how the red really pops it out! you so rock!!! hope you are having fun in Vegas!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a striking card, Karen! Gorgeous!