Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sweet Sunday Snowflake


It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch from Karen Giron. You'll find this week's sketch, SSSC39, on Karen's Blog.

I must admit, when I sat down to make this card I was stumped. Not because the sketch is difficult, more because I wasn't feeling my Mojo. I looked through all my stamps (and that's a LOT of looking!) but nothing spoke to me...Hmmmmm...now what? I realized that I really didn't feel like doing any colouring, so I decided to make a simple card with a chipboard snowflake from my Christmas Key Ingredients. Of course, once I had the package of KI on my stamp table I ended up using all the elements to create my card; cardstock, patterned paper, ribbons, chipboard snowflake, along with a button from my Savannah pack. I love the Key Ingredients for pulling a project together without too much tought...just what I was looking for when I was making this card. wink!

I coloured my snowflake with a blue copic first then covered it with Waterfall Stickles and set it aside to dry. I ran some Prism Intense Pink through my Big Shot with the Circles Impressabilities template before adhering the patterned paper. I stitched around the edges for a little interest then added the green glimmer ribbon and stamped the sentiment from Wings of Joy. Once the button was tied to the snowflake I attached it to an oval of Prism Blush Red Dark to make it pop. That's it....simple, easy, and quick (aside from waiting for the Stickled to dry).

I can't wait to see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have come up with using this fabulous sketch.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

13 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

this is gorgeous Karen. The colours are beautiful. Beautifully bright and cheery.

xx Sarah

Leslie said...

You lost your mojo? I don't think so! Love the bold colours and the snowflake (well, that's a given with me, right?). Pretty card!

Lynn Put said...

No loss of Mojo here! Your card is awesome! I love the bold glittered snowflake and bright colors!

Michelle said...

Great card...love the colors!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is awesome!!! Love that big ol' snowflake!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

I love these colours Karen! That sparkly snowflake is fabulous!

Ann Kranitz said...

Well Saucy I cannot see the loss of mojo here....this is fantastic and I am loving the blinged out snowflake!!

Nancy Riley said...

Karen, that glittery snowflake and big bold button is soooo fun! What a great way to show off this sketch!

Karen Giron said...

I love this giant snowflake - it's gorgeous! Looks like your mojo isn't so lost after all, :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a fun card! Love that snowflake! :D

Mary J said...

Love that! Really great card!

Stamp and Smile said...

I'm SO loving your card Karen!! I'm a snowflake NUT and this sure warms my heart! Plus the pretty colors and sparkles... just AMAZING!!

Your snowflake matches the ones outside my window... LOL!

Jen Tapler said...

This is fantastic!! Love that big glittery snowflake girl!!