Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sweet Sunday Snowman

Here's my card for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch, SSSC41. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog, The Sweetest Thing.
As soon as I saw this sketch I knew it was perfect for the adorable little snowman from Holiday Wonder, available at Taylored Expressions. I'm a snowman freak and I can hardly believe he was still uninked!!! Well, I fixed that! :)

I started by stamping him with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream then I coloured him with copics. I added detail to his scarf by covering it with Rockstar Red Sparkly Fluff, then I used my black Glaze pen on his hat, his eyes and his mouth. I love the shine and dimension! He's cut out with rectangle Nestabilities then I stitched him to a scalloped rectangle of Prism Island Mist Light.

I ran a piece of Prism Island Mist Dark through my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder before layering it onto the Choice Buttercream card base. The patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly, and it's also stitched to a layer of Choice Buttercream. I coloured a chipboard snowflake with a blue copic then covered it with Stardust Stickles. Oh, and I also added some Stardust Stickles to the snow line (which I drew in with my Copic Multiliner). I added a fun ribbon/button/thread treatment to finish the card. All the supplies I used, with the exception of the Island Mist Dark cardstock and the button, are from the Christmas Key Ingredients.

Let's go see what the other Sweet Sunday Stampers have come up with for this sketch.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

16 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Karen, this is just gorgeous. The colour the ribbon everything oh and of course we mustn't forget that adorable snowman. I'm going to make one of those someday... shame we don't get snow here!!! hahaha

Great job with the sketch

xx Sarah

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh he is so cute! Love the red and blue and that fabulous shimmery snowflake!

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE that DP with the dark blue! Love the sparkly snowflake, too.

Meahni Pieterse said...

I LOVE this - love those colours!

Lynn Put said...

From one snowman freak to another, your card is fabulous!!! I love the colors, the glitter, the paper, everything about it!

Cheryl said...

Love, love these colors girl...fabby job and what a cute snowman! good job!

Vicki Burdick said...

Wowzers, Karen this is amazing!! Love that little snowman, he is totally adorable!! Love the shine to his hat and the fluff on the scarf!!!

Jo Hooper said...

Love this card so cute and bright. The snowman is cool.

Jo

Stamp and Smile said...

Just the sweetest card Karen!! LOVE ♥ the snowflake and "cutiepatootie" snowman... warms my heart!! CB embossing is a great texture for sure... TFS! :)

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is adorable!

Emily said...

Oh Karen, I love, love, love this snowman card!!! Love the stitching, the button, that great dp, the shiny hat, eyes and nose...all of it!!! This one's going right into my "gotta case it file":))

Danni said...

Great color combo for a great card!

Unknown said...

LOVE this cute card with it's lush colours and special little touches.
Hugs Viv x

Katie said...

I love it! I love the 'substitution' of a circle image or sentiment with a snowflake!

Mary J said...

Really love rich colours and you managed to still keep it fresh looking - fab job!

{PurpleD} said...

Vibrant colors! The snowman turned out great!