Monday, October 4, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 1-Merry Little Cocktail

We have LOTS of new sets to share with you this week at Taylored Expressions. Everything will be available for purchase in the TE store on Thursday, October 7th.

Today as you hop along the Baker's Dozen blogs you'll see sneak peeks of four new sets, Gobble Gobble, Penguin PalsMerry Little Cocktail, and Hangin' Out at the North Pole. I worked with Merry Little Cocktail for my card today and I used the images in a bit of a less conventional way.

I stamped the peppermint several times with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream and coloured it with copics. Then I punched it out with my 7/8" circle punch. I stamped the holly leaves six times, coloured them and cut them out too. Then I arranged all the peppermints in the shape of a wreath and popped the top ones on foam tape for a little dimension. I added red Tiny Twinkles to the centers for a little sparkle and highlighted the berries with my red Spica glitter pen. The layout is TESC127. The patterned papers are from my Basic Grey Jovial 6x6 pad and I paired them with suede brown medium herbal garden medium. A little stitching and some brown glitter candy dots were all the details the card needed.

I know you're going to see lots of fabulous samples as you hop along, so get going!
I'll see you back here tomorrow for another day of sneak peeks.
Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

23 comments:

Dana White said...

Oh love the minty candy wreath!!

Margaret de Witt said...

Too darn adorable Karen. This is such a great idea.

Sankari W. said...

Holy Mackerl!!! LOVE that sweet Mint wreath! Gorgeous idea Karen and I love the stitching, the embossing, the sparkley spica - sooo many YUMMY details!!! Lovely!

Kathy Martin said...

CUTE! :)

Jackie Pedro said...

So CLEVER!! LOVE the mint wreath!! Too cute, Karen!!

Unknown said...

ADORABLE idea Karen!! LOVE the peppermint wreath and all of the sparkle!!!

Jami said...

Oh my heavens! That is so stinkin' CLEVER! I love it!

Monique said...

Oh how Cute and Yummy!! Your wreath is just so much fun!!

Barbara said...

Adorable, candy wreath, Karen! What a cute idea!

Jodi Collins said...

Yikes!!! These are AMAZING Saucy!! I ADORE both but that peppermint wreath is OUT of this world FABULOUS!!

Regina Mangum said...

Ok, how fabulous is that wonderful peppermint wreath? You are so clever. This is darling and so are you! XOXO

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh my gosh, how absolutely clever is this??! What a GREAT idea and I absolutely love it. I am sooo gonna have to CASE this one!

Tracy said...

You rock girl! So cleaver to make a wreath out of the peppermints. I need this set now, just to CASE your card!!

Christiana said...

What a neat idea! And I love how you colored it so vibrantly.

Nancy said...

Very yummy! Clever wreath--you know how I love a wreath! I like the patterned paper border you've created too.

Danielle L. said...

A peppermint candy wreath - that is genius!!! Lovely lovely card!

Natalie said...

Love your creativity!! Super sweet wreath!

Donna Baker said...

I adore the starlight mint wreath how cute!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a fabulous wreath out of peppermints! Awesome card, Karen!

Karen Giron said...

OK. YUM!!! That candy wreath is simply delish! LOVE that idea.

Taylor said...

You're just too clever! I love your peppermint wreath...so so fun!

Anonymous said...

I love this one too!

Toni K said...

Love it! How fun!