Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sweet Sunday Innocence

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC87. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

For today's card I reached for my beloved Pure Innocence girls from MFT. This set is called Being Cute is What I Do, and really, have you seen anything cuter than this! My heart just melts for these little darlings!!!

I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream and coloured her with copics. Her top is paper pieced and I worked with Cosmo Cricket's Pixie-licious mini deck for this card. I added some sparkle to the flower on her shirt and the elastics in her hair with my purple Spica glitter pen. I used the open scallop die-namic border on a strip of blue to help tie in her jeans. The burlap flower is by Prima and I added a purple Bella glitter dot to the center.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now let's hop over to the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers to see what they put together.
Jen Tapler
Joanne Basile
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

10 comments:

Karen Giron said...

She is absolutely darling! Love the paper pieced blouse and you know, I didn't realize PI girls had coordinating die cuts! Could you have cut that image out any more perfectly? haha!

Lynn Put said...

Wow your colouring is always so fantastic! This is adorable! I love the paper piecing, scallops and rolled ribbon!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh how bright and FUN is this!!! I always forget about putting an image on a DP panel....love the look and I gotta do that!

Vicki Burdick said...

So sweet!! Love those PI images and your coloring is fantastic, as always!!!!

Monique said...

She is just adorable in her little blue jeans and her paper pieced shirt :)...Love this color combo :)

Dana White said...

She is super cute - love the bright papers!! Has mom made the cake yet?!

Janet said...

what a cutie!! love her:)
hugs

Leslie said...

Outstanding! You`ve captured me perfectly when I was a little girl!!! :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Simply adorable! Love your colour and paper choices and your colouring is awesome!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

OMG!!!! GASP!!!! SeriouslY!!! Could this be any CUTER!!
I'm in LOVE!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS.. and ADORABLE.. and, and....

xx Sarah