Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sweet Sunday Good Witch

Happy Halloween!!! It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC91. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

I couldn't resist one last Halloween card given that today is the big Trick or Treating day!!! So I pulled out my Punchy Potions set from Taylored Expressions. I just love these sassy witch's legs with her cute spider web skirt!!!

She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White and coloured with copics. I added some sparkle to the dots around the image with my pitch black Spica glitter pen and used my black glaze pen on the spider web centers on her skirt. The image is cut out with oval Nestabilities and layered on a scalloped oval of black. I didn't use any patterned papers on this card...shocking!!! I know!!! I still can't believe it!! LOL!!! I stuck with traditional Halloween colours though and I love the result. I used my MS spider web punch on the orchid opulence and tied it all up with some orange glimmer twill and a black button.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now let's hop over to the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers for more sketchy ideas.
Joanne Basile
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by and have a spooktacular Halloween!!!
Karen

10 comments:

Karen Giron said...

I love this witch!! The spider web punch is so perfect and I love the extra sparkle!

Debbie said...

Love everything about this card! I particularly love what you did with the border punch. I bought this punch but have had limited success with knowing what to do with it. Your adorable card gives me a perfect way to use it. I'm printing it off and putting it in the Halloween box to remind me next year.

Janet said...

this is awesome! i love Halloween!
hugs

Leslie said...

Oooooh, the bewitching hour is almost here! Love her, love the colour combo too. Why didn't I stamp some of those out? :(

Vicki Burdick said...

Such a cutie patootie!! Your coloring is awesome, as usual!!! Love this!! Happy Halloween!!!

Monique said...

Perfect Halloween card Karen.. I love the edge of spiderwebs, and your coloring is fabulous..

Danni said...

Awesome card!! So fun!

Dana White said...

The spider webs look so great on this!!

Lynn Put said...

Super fun Halloween card Karen! I love all the spider webs with the border and witch's skirt!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fabulous Karen! Love the webbed border and that image is so perfect for this card!