Friday, October 22, 2010

Blast from Christmas Past Blog Hop with Taylored Expressions

Happy Friday!!! It's a perfect day for a little Blast from the Past blog hop with Taylored Expressions. This month the focus was past holiday sets. Woo hoo...another Christmas card to add to my stash.

I used FTL112 from the Clean and Simple blog for the layout. I had visions of a white winter wonderland for this card...it didn't turn out exactly as I'd planned, but I'm still quite happy with it. I used an image and sentiment from Home Sweet Home. The sentiment made me think of felt...it feels so nice and cozy...so I decided to layer Mr. Snowman Cuppie on a piece of white felt that I cut out with my beaded circle Nestabilities. Cuppie is coloured with copics and I added clear rhinestones around the outside for some bling. To give the felt a little more stability I backed it with a piece of Choice Snow White that I cut out with the same nestie shape. At first I was going to use white ribbon, and make all the layers white, but I decided to add blue for the sky then I remembered my red Baker's twine and thought that tied in nicely with his red scarf.


I hope you're getting plenty of ideas for holiday cards as you hop along today. Seeing all these cards just makes me smile. After all, it's getting closer and closer to the most wonderful time of the year!!!  :-)

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

21 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Such a sweet wintery card! I love the felt with the bling and adorable snowman cuppie!

Cassie said...

I love that image from TE. . .may have to get that set ;D

Dana White said...

Now I see why you said you used a lot of rhinestones on a card! Cute image love the twine :)

Natalie said...

A-D-0-R-A-B-L-E!! Love the CAS, and what sweet embellies, love the bling and the ribbon!

Banu said...

Very nice card. Loved the bling!!!

Lea L. said...

This is so cute! Totally loving all the bling you added to the scalloped circle!! Great job! ♥♥♥

Julia Aston said...

Hi Karen! the candy cane twine is perfect for your caroler cuppie holiday card!

Melody said...

Very cute! I like the felt idea. The rhinestones and twine are perfect.

Janet said...

this is sooooooooo cute! i keep forgetting i have this set!
hugs

Tracy said...

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaute!!!!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this!! Awesome CAS design and I LOVE all the bling!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute Karen. Love the cute cuppie, the felt circle (my die is coming soon)... and the blings. :o)

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

This is so cute! I just love the way you used the beaded circle nestabilities with the rhinestones, just perfect!

Chris L.

Melissa Sauls said...

Absolutely adorable card my friend!! I'm loving all the bling you added...yum!

Joan Ervin said...

What an adorable little Christmas Cuppie and how cool to add all the bling to the Nestie!!!!

Carolina said...

Helllooo! Hope you had a lovely week and able to to get some flying time.

Love your Christmas card - beautifully don!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

ADORABLE, Karen! Just adorable!

Regina Mangum said...

Karen, I LOVE the bling around that snowman cuppie! SO CUTE!!!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Snowman Cuppie looks fabulous in blue! So sweet and cute! Love it!
:) Rachel

Anonymous said...

So Sweet and that bling is just perfect!

sillyleann said...

So cute! I like how you put cuppie on the die cut. Adorable!