Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sweet Sunday Butterfly

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC201.

My stash of generic cards is dwindling down to critical level so I'm trying to beef it up a little with this card. I used a pretty butterfly and didn't add a sentiment, so it can be used for several occasions.


I started with a Kraft card base then added layers of Pink Lemonade and Sweet Tooth. I used the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics to cut out the patterned paper (from the My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Portobello Road collection) then added a strip of Steel Grey.

For the butterfly I used the Fancy Butterflies Die-namics to cut out the Pink Lemonade and Sweet Tooth butterflies, then I adhered them along the body. I sprayed it with MIX-ables Sheer Shimmer Mist for a touch of sparkle, but it really doesn't show much in the photo. The Kraft circle behind the butterfly was cut out using the Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics.
Let's give a warm welcome to two new design team  members: Barbara Anders and Jenny Peterson. I'm positive you'll be delighted with their fun styles.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to
hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Barbara Anders
Dana White
Jackie Pedro
Jenny Peterson
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane KalĂ© (she's taking this week off)
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Love that shimmery butterfly! Think I need some of that spray!!! It's so pretty!!!

It's been fun being on the SSSC with you and hope that one day soon, I'll be back!

Vicki Burdick said...

So sweet Karen, I love that big butterfly!!! Happy Sunday my sweet friend!!!

Tracy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karen! This is a perfect all occasion card. I really love the color combo and how you added a single layer of patterned paper.

Billie A said...

Very pretty card. the butterfly is beautiful.

Lori said...

Just lovely! That layered butterfly is fabulous and I love how you used a fishtail flag strip for one of the panels. I may have to try that variation on the sketch . . .

Karen Giron said...

This color combo is gorgeous! I love the pop of pink behind the butterfly wings and the embossing is fab!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

oh this is fabulous, anyone would love to recieve this, nice stash card!

Lisa H. said...

oh, karen! I looooove this. That butterfly is gorgeous and perfect mounted on that circle. I still need to use mine.

Dana White said...

This is a perfect anytime card. The shimmer is perfect

Dana White said...

This is a perfect anytime card. The shimmer is perfect