Thursday, January 30, 2014

Heart of Chocolate

I'm playing along with this week's Bellariffic Friday challenge which was a sketch. Fun!!

I don't usually create too many Valentine cards but Uptown Girl Catherine Nibbling Chocolate spoke to me for this sketch. I just realized I technically flipped the sketch, because I wanted the telephone in the patterned paper going in the proper direction.


I had fun paper piecing her dress with one of the patterns from the Echo Park Love Story collection and you probably can't see the sparkle on her shoe and the black ruffle of her dress, but I coloured them with a black Spica glitter pen.

Hop over to Bloggabella to see this week's participants and to get the next challenge!

Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Dana White said...

She's fabulous. Her paper pieced dress is perfect.

Mary J said...

Oh yum, yum! What a delicious card, Karen! Totally love how you used the papers!

Heather Rogers said...

She is super cute, Karen! Love how you pieced her outfit! :)

Leslie said...

Gorgeous!! Love her pretty paper pieced dress and you rocked the colouring of the box of chocolates! I'll have the milk chocolate one in the middle please! 😉

Lisa H. said...

sooooo pretty! I love her dress.

Anonymous said...

Honey, this is fantastic!