Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sweet Sunday Noel

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC170.

For my card today I used Who's That Girl Winter in the City from My Favorite Things to create card #34 for Project Christmas 2012.

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press It Blending Card and coloured it with copic markers. I paper pieced her coat and added some white liquid appliqué to the fluffy cuffs and hem. The lamp posts have a thick coating of clear glaze pen over the glass and I added glitter to the snow for lots of sparkle. I layered the image onto Kraft card stock and paired it with patterned papers from the Basic Grey Aspen Frost collection.

I used the Let it Snowflake Die-namics to cut out the Sweet Tooth felt snowflake and I backed it with a Sweet Tooth card stock snowflake for added stability. I used the Small Scallop Border Die-namics to cut out the Wild Cherry scallop edge and the smallest size of the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namic was perfect for the two flag elements.

On the inside I added another red scallop and stamped another sentiment from the set.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White (she's taking this week off)
Dawn Easton
Jackie Pedro
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put 
Melissa Hubert
Mindy Backes <----- superstar guest designer
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

16 comments:

wendy said...

really terrific card Karen, love your shadowing ;)

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous Karen! I have this sitting on my desk to use soon! Wonderful snowflake!!!

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty. Love the puffy cuffs and hem of her coat and the sparkly snow. TFS

Jackie Pedro said...

Karen, this is terrific!! The coloring and shadowing is AWESOME! Great card!!

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic card with wonderful coloring and details Karen! Love the paper piecing, felt snowflake, glitter and applique!

Tracy said...

How fabulous is this?! I'm always in awe of your fab coloring Karen. I love all of the texture and her gorgeous paper pieced coat. :)

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Karen, that snowflake is wonderful and I love the little Noel with the pretty rhinestone!! Perfect as always!! Happy Sunday my sweet friend!!

Karen Giron said...

LOVE all that sparkly snow and the glassy lamps - wow! The applique is so cute on her coat too. Makes me want to bundle up!

Lisa Kind said...

So cute! I love that image (I just ordered from MFT...darn!) and all the embellishments you used! Love that snowflake too!

Lori said...

Fabulous! Love the paper piecing and all the other details.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

LOVE!!!.. I think I should just copy and paste the same comment of everyones posts this week!!.. This is AMAZiNG!!! LOVE everything about this gorgeous creation.

xxSJ

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is super cute, love how you used this sketch

Leslie said...

I have a lot to say about this card! Love it to start with...from the colours to the fab shading behind her boots to the pretty colours and the perfect glitter and the liquid applicque and the excellent tip about backing the felt snowflake with card stock for extra stability! Now my question is, do you glue the felt to the card stock first and then run the die through or cut them separately and glue them together after? And, what type of adhesive do you use to glue the felt? Phew, I'm exhausted as I'm sure you'll be when you answer :)

Anonymous said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR....shading, colour, sketch, the whole thing baby!

Dana White said...

oh she is fabulous. Awesome coat & all the glitter is perfect for the snow

Shannon White said...

Oh So Fabulous Karen! Such a Fun wintrey scene and I love her Darling paper pieced coat and applique trim! So Adorable! Love it! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon