Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Eat Cake {MFTWSC95}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 95.

I really did a number on this sketch by first flipping it on it's side, then using the mirror image. And I took some creative liberty with where I placed the brads, and I made a rectangle card instead of a square. But, I love how it turned out.  :-)


I used à la modes Time To Celebrate from My Favorite Things. I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press It Blending Card and coloured her with copic markers. The patterned papers are from the Echo Park For the Record 2 collection, and I'm quite fond of the pink and orange hues together. I used my Rectangles 1 STAX and Rectangle 2 STAX Die-namics to cut out the image and the Bubblegum card stock layer. The Dainty Dots Border Die-namics was perfect to cut out the little circle element from Orange Fizz card stock then I stitched it in place along the edge of the orange polka dot paper.

I used the Flower Medley Die-namics to cut out the Orange Fizz Felt flower and I backed it with an Orange Fizz card stock flower to give it a little substance and so I could shape the petals a little. I topped it with a Whip Cream button tied with Hemp Cord.

On the inside I used the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics and added a sentiment from the set.


Here are all the sketchy details:
There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC95. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!

Be sure to head over to the MFT Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!


Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Tity said...

que hermosa!

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty. Love the felt flower.
Your coloring is awesome.

Casandra Bennett said...

Love this. That orange fizz color is beautiful and the way you shadowed in the lady's shoes...fabulous!

Vicki Burdick said...

So adorable Karen, love that pretty flower.

Leslie said...

Cute and lovely colour combo! The inside is fab - will totally copy that, thank you very much! :)

Heather Rogers said...

She is too sweet! Your coloring and shading is amazing. Love that little felt flower. :)

Dana White said...

oh i like that felt flower - and all the orange is this my birthday card done super early?