Tuesday, February 16, 2010

You're Tea-riffic!

It's a snowy Tuesday here in New England, perfect IMHO, to hunker down in my stamp room.  :)
I was a little afraid when I saw this week's Mojo sketch, Mojo126. I wasn't even sure if I'd give it a try, but as you can see, I tried and succeeded! I started with the darling Scarlett the Teacup Girl image from Stamping Bella and paired her with some pretty Vintage Valentine patterned paper.

Scarlett is perfect for lots of dimension so I stamped her three times with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Bella's Bestest Paper. I coloured the images with copics then did some detail cutting and popped the cup, then popped the flower on the cup. Oh, and I popped the flowers in her hair too. I added a layer of clear Glaze pen to the cup then a cocoa Glitter dot to the flower center.
The solid layers are SU blush blossom, Prism suede brown medium, Prism blush red light, and Prism razzleberry medium. I ran the one rectangle strip through my swiss dots Cuttlebug folder then inked the raised dots with Memento Desert Sand. I created a "faux-poxy" sentiment sticker by simply coating the circle with two layers of clear Glaze pen...presto!...customized epoxy sticker look!
This card has a collage/vintage feel to me. It's not usually my style but I'm quite pleased with the result. My favourite part though is all the dimension...I wish you could see it IRL!  :)

I'm heading outside to snap a few pictures of the snowy trees. They look gorgeous...like a winter wonderland!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

12 comments:

jen said...

You can TOTALLY see the dimension!!! I was thinking, man! she's got patience cutting out those tiny flowers!!!
Super cute!

Danni said...

I've been scared to try the sketch too! LOL! You rocked it though, this is so adorable and I love all the dimension and texture!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Wowee zowee...you knocked it out of the park!! This is flippin' adorable, Karen! Love all the dimension!

Lora King said...

That is the cutest thing I've seen lately...you did a fabulous job and Scarlett is precious. Your work is so inspiring and your use of colors is terrific.

Pat's little corner of the world said...

This is so cute...Love her hair..
Thanks for sharing...Your cards are wonderful....

Karen Giron said...

Uh, WOW!! I think I tucked my tail and ran when I saw this week's sketch, but your amazing card might just give me the push I need! LOVE the ribbon behind your image - AWESOME!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Oh my this is darling!! I love all of the dimension and your right it has a real vintage feel.

Christyne said...

This is so cute! Great job on the work!

Dina said...

Fantastic Karen!!! I love the dimensions, it really makes Scarlet pop! The glaze pen really gives it a great texture and I love it mixed with the vintage paper!

Cheryl said...

Now this is absolutely darling Karen! Gorgeous colors, and I LOVE her! What a sweet image, and those layers are awesome!

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP!!! Look at how cute this is!

Anne T said...

Love your card! The pop-ups are tea-riffic and the glazed cup is perfect!