Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek-Day 1

It's Day 1 of Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks and we have something EXTRA exciting to share today - a whole new line of rubber stamps called Apple Doodle Ink! We're launching this fun new line with two stamp sets deisgned to coordinate perfectly - Window Shopping and Bakery Business. Taylor is working with a new illustrator on this line and I'm loving the adorable style. It's so fun building bakery scenes with Tena and those delicious desserts and we promise you'll get plenty of use out of those windows with more coordinating Apple Doodle Ink set coming in the near future. Be sure to pop over to Taylor's blog to read the whole story of how these sets were developed.
The first card I'm sharing today combines images from both Window Shopping and Bakery Business. I thought I'd fill my window with yummy cupcakes and the sentiment expresses exactly how I feel about cupcakes! The images are coloured with copics and the awning is paper pieced and popped for dimension. What you can't see in the photo is the shiny acetate covering the entire window to make it look like glass. I adhered it under the awning and the bottom window detail before cutting out the entire window.

One thing to note about the images in Bakery Business is that they're all individual images so the combinations are nearly endless with two different cake stands, a cover, four desserts, two images of Tena and several sentiments.

This next card uses only the Bakery Business set with a few items from the Bakery Sampler that'll be available in the TE Store on release day, Friday, February 5th. I used this week's Mojo sketch, Mojo124, for the layout.
I couldn't wait to ink up this DE-licious looking slice of cake...YUM! It totally reminds me of the birthday cake my mom makes. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the icing to make it look realistic...I covered it with Espresso Dimensional Pearls! If you happened to stop by the Taylored Expressions booth at CHA you may have seen this donut card...well I used the exact same product to create the icing on my cake. Then I added white Liquid Applique to mimic whipped cream...Double Yum! Both the Espresso Dimensional Pearls and the White Liquid Applique are included in the Bakery Sampler. There's also an assortment of baking chipboard in the Bakery Sampler and I used the bowl shape on my card...I simply covered it with patterned paper from Basic Grey Nook & Pantry then added a mound of icing with Espresso Dimensional Pearls (now that the cake is iced, the rest is for me!).  :)

To coordinate with the Basic Grey Nook & Pantry paper I chose solid Prism cardstocks in Blush Red Medium, Blush Red Light, Suede Brown Medium, Suede Brown Dark and Kraft. Oh, and another fab product that'll be available on Friday is a set of clay buttons designed by Jamie Pyles to coordinate perfectly with Bakery Business and Basic Grey Nook & Pantry papers...wooo hooooo!!!!

Phew...that was a lot of information! Now it's time for more sweet samples using Window Shopping and Bakery Business so please pop over and visit the rest of the Baker's Dozen for more eye candy!


I'll be back tomorrow with more sneak peeks and news of another exciting development in TE stamps!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen 

19 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

SO adorable, Karen! It was SO good to meet you at CHA...I will email you my pics soon! So glad I got to put a face w/ the blog that I love so much! Hugs!

Taylor said...

These are amazing, Karen! So tell me again...what product did you use on that yummy chocolate icing!? *wink* Just as fabulous as your donut card! Love that first window too with the acetate covering!

Karen Giron said...

I just adore your creativity, Saucy!! That icing looks so real, but it's missing something... maybe some donut friends?? haha! Seriously putting those pearls in my cart!!!

OMG!! My word verification is POLITE - hahaha!!! I think I just laughed coffee out my nose!

Sankari W. said...

Karen - you always rock out these amazing creations!!! I ADORE that bakery with just cupcakes - that is my kind of bakery - and thank goodness there isn't one near me because I would be there every day! LOVe your coloring and the way you did the awning - simply AWESOME!!!! I ADORE that second card with the rich dark chocolate tones and the yummy real looking frosting - SOOO hungry right now - perfect paper to go with it too (ps - what kind of cake does your mom make for your bday?) LOVE LOVE it!! Loved seeing you Karen - and can't wait to see you soon!!!
Sending you big hugs!
Sankari :)

Dana White said...

Oh that cake looks like your mom's special chocolate cake! Super sweet cards

Miche said...

These look yummy enough to eat!! Love your cards...as always!!

Alex said...

karen, these are sooo super cute!! That cake looks good enough tto eat and I love the colors! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh Karen, your cards are just sooo sweet...Literally!!! They both just look good enough to eat!! Loving the colors your chose for the first one...mmm yummy pink and the second one with the chocolate...LORD HELP MEEEE!!!

chris said...

Wow wee. what fantastic cards just unbelievable.I love your blog it is so inspiring love chris xx

Cheryl said...

Too cute Karen! LOVE the cupcake images and the bold, vivid colors...it's really a cheery one : )

Love your 2nd one...those colors are awesome together, and I love the texture of that chocolate!!

Alex Maldonado said...

SOOO yummy!!! I want that cake (and I am SOO not kidding!!) your cards are gorgeous Karen! I cannot wait to see what else you have up your sleeve - your work is stunning!!

Donna Baker said...

Yummy cards, Saucy!

Leslie said...

Deeeeelish! Looks good enough to eat!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh, that donut card! ha! What a hoot that was!
Your cards are so yummy looking! Love your colours! I need to get some of that dimensional stuff! It's cool!

Jamie Pyles said...

Awesome cards!! Beautiful coloring and that chocolate cake is scrumptious!!! Now I need a major chocolate fix!!!:):)

Jackie Pedro said...

There you go with the Espresso Pearls again....Your cards are fantastic, Saucy! I tried the acetate on my card, but I failed miserably!! I especially love the Nook and Cranny DP...SNORT! Hugs, my friend!

Jean said...

Mmmmm! Decadent! I so love these cards.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH my goodness do these look delicious! WOW! You're making me hungry!

Ann Kranitz said...

Wow Karen!!! These are soooo yummy looking!! I WISH my mom made cake that good!! LOL