Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sweet Sunday Swinging

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch, SSSC57. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog, The Sweetest Thing.
For my card today I reached for one of the adorable Pure Innocence girls from My Favourite Things. This one is called Start Every Day With Whee. We had a fabulous swing set in the back yard growing up...a really big set and we could swing super high on it! I still love swinging...wait, that doesn't sound right at all! LOL!!

She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream and coloured with copics. For the sentiment I simply inked only the last part, the "whee", with a black marker before stamping it in the circle. I decided to go a little crazy with the stripes in the background. Divide and conquer I say! Charge forward...don't be afraid of the 5 stripes Karen is challenging us with this week! I went wild and used all patterned paper for the stripes...no solids...told ya I was livin' on the edge! Really though, they make coordinating paper packs for a reason, right? All the patterned papers are from October Afternoon's Farm Fresh 8x8 pad. Instead of just leaving them straight across I added a little whimsy by cutting them on angles. Then I stitched them all together and layered them onto Prism Island Mist Light the Suede Brown Dark. I added a fun chocolate bow to finish it off.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation using the Mr. Linky on Karen's blog. I can't wait to see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers came up with for this week's sketch!
Jen Tapler
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Nancy Riley
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

29 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Yes, I'm so digging this card! Love the angled stripes, what a fun little personal touch!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

OMG!!! I just love your patchwork panels and the stitching! Adorable image and you put it together so perfectly!

Jen Tapler said...

Oh Karen!! This is FANTASTIC!! I LOVE it!! Now, why can't I think of these things??

chris said...

You inspire me so much I just love your work its amazing.

Lee said...

Oh gosh, any little (or big) girl would love to receive this card! it just shouts FUN!! Love your stiched panels, and pretty buttony bow :)

Lee x

Dawn Easton said...

Karen, I love all your stitched panels! Fantastic! I am in love with these new PI girls too!

Candace said...

Your card is precious, Karen! That is my most favorite paper line, so I love that you used it in such a fun way. Love the stitching and angles...so cute!!

Ann Kranitz said...

OHHHH I am squeeling in delight looking at this CA-UUUTE card!!!! I just love it!!! What a great touch with the angles!!! Your BRILLIANT!!!! HUGS to you my friend.

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute, Karen! love your combination of DP and that fab stitching;)

Leslie said...

So sweet, those Pure Innocence girls! Love your angled DSP!

Lynn Put said...

Absolutely darling!!! I love the angled strips of sweet designer paper, your adorable image and all of the stitching!
Fabulous job!

Vicki Burdick said...

Fantastic take on the sketch Karen!! Love the angled stripes in the BG and the stitching. That little girl on the swing is soooo sweet and I love it! We had a large tire swing in our backyard growing up and you know what........I still love to swing too....hehehe!!!!

Nancy Riley said...

Oh Karen! Your card is just precious! I love how it reminds me of a patchwork quilt with all the different dp patterns and stitching! LOVE IT !!!

Lisa Kind said...

Love all the great patterns you used for the stripes and I love the image! I have this one too (and I just bought another) because of the swing! I love a good swing too (pun NOT intended!). :-)

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is so sweet!!

Simone P. said...

This is a darling little card! I love it! The color combo is great!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

BRILLIANT!!! Truly gorgeous and BRILLIANT. Love the tilted panel, very original and super gorgeous.

Great job with the sketch.
xx Sarah

Cheryl said...

Absolutely darling Karen! LOVE those papers, and that image is just precious : )

Anonymous said...

Great job on this challenge. Love the pattern papers.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how stinkin' CUTE!

Unknown said...

Karen! Congratulations - your adorable card is being featured today on the MFT Blog as part of Our Favorite Finds!!

Jackie said...

This is just precious! Fabulous job!

nadornia said...

Hola: Preciosa la tarjeta.
Un abrazo.

Lea L. said...

This is so cute!! I love how you've slanted the papers, and added the stitching!! Great job with the sketch!

♥♥♥Lea

Krista said...

Very cute Karen !! Funny : I've used the same DP !!

Jody Morrow said...

This is SO gorgeous! I love your coloring and blending. WOW. The whole card is just GREAT!

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a cute little sweet card you made.

paula tracy williamson said...

So sweet, Love this lil' girl!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love these damn PI girls! This one is adorable!