Saturday, February 20, 2010

February 20th Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions

It's time for the monthly Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions. Are you a KI subscriber? If so then you've probably already received your February 20th Key Ingredients kit. Isn't it gorgeous!!!! All that black and white paper with vibrant colours...the possibilities are endless!!! Taylor challenged us to create a set of cards that's predominently black and white with pops of colour. Well, I couldn't decide which colour to use so my set contains one card with each of the colours.

This first set of cards uses the brand new Monogram download available at Taylored Expressions today.
I tell ya, Taylor knows how to do things right! The Monogram download includes several circular and square monograms for each letter, with four different frame styles for each shape. And, there's a sheet of blank frames too so you can add any image or letter you want. I used the square Monograms and just trimmed them with my scissors, but the circular Monograms are designed to work with the 1 3/4" circle punch. These Monograms are so quick and easy to use!

Here's a close up of one of the cards. I paired the "T" Monogram with a Thank You sentiment from Branching Out.
Do you see the strip of black ribbon? Well, one of the ribbons included in the kit is actually black with white polka dots, but I wanted solid black ribbon for these cards so I simply flipped it over and used the 'wrong' side of the ribbon. I was quite pleased with myself for thinking of that! LOL!!

I just couldn't stop creating with this beautiful Key Ingredients kit so for my next set of cards I paired Discover Your Wings with the February 20th KI to create a set of cards for the Dragonfly Card Drive.
You may have read about the card drive on Taylor's blog yesterday...if not you'll find all the details in this post. Taylor is collecting dragonfly cards to donate to Sanford Medical Center. The dragonfly is a symbol of hope for families who have lost a child during childbirth or in the early stages of life. You may use ANY dragonfly images for your cards...it's not limited to TE images. There are prizes involved too, and you have until March 25th to get your cards sent in. Again...all the details are in this post.
Here's a close up of the dragonfly detail. I layered two dragonflies, adhering only the bodies, so I could bend the wings up for dimension. I also added Diamond Stickles to the swirls on the wings to make them sparkle.

I could have kept on creating with the February 20th Key Ingredients but I simply ran out of time. I think this is my favourite KI to date, and that really surprised me! Who knew I was such a fan of black & white! I did add some sheets of Choice White from my stash because I wanted all the card bases to be white, but other than that, all the supplies are from the KI.

Are you still on the fence about whether to become a Key Ingredients Subscriber? Well here are just a few of the benefits of being a Suscriber:
-Store Discount: save 10% on orders placed between the 10th-14th of the month to be combined with your Key Ingredients shipment at no extra shipping charge.
-Exclusive kits: the monthly Key Ingredients kits are only available to subscribers and are no longer available for purchase in the TE Store.
-Monthly Challenges: On the 20th of each month Taylor posts a challenge on her blog for all KI Subscribers and you're invited to play along with the Baker's Dozen.
Please visit the Key Ingredients website for all the fabulous details on why you should become a Subscriber. Have I told you lately how much I {heart} all my Key Ingredients kits?!?  :)

Now it's time to visit some of the other Baker's Dozen for more inspiration with the February 20th Key Ingredients.
Alex Maldonado
Dawn Easton
Jackie Pedro
Laurie Schmidlin
Sankari Wegman
and Taylor VanBruggen

What's black and white and read all over??? A newspaper!!! LOL!!! The joke is better when you say it instead of typing it because you don't see the spelling of the word "read/red".   :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Sankari W. said...

Karen - can I have a pint of your mojo?? You have created magic with all of your cards!!! LOVE them all - Great idea with the thank you and I hear you about wanting to use all the colors!!! Your dragonfly cards are super fabulouso!!! Love the sparkles on the wings - soooo sweet!!! Sending you big hugs O Saucy one!!! Miss you! Happy weekend!
Lotsa lotsa lotsa love,
S :))))))))

Robin McK said...

All these cards are so fabulous! What a great colection!

Danni said...

Wowzers!! These are all fabulous!!

Leslie said...

So pretty - all of them. You're a clever girl and funny too! A post and a joke! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Karen, your cards are beautiful! Love the different colours and the ribbon idea is awesome! I do that often, with the SU! in colours...haha ;)

Jackie Pedro said...

Love your monogram cards!! I used all four colors, too, because I couldn't decide!

Your Dragonfly cards are THE BOMB! They are so striking and beautiful!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I just ADORE all of these Karen! What fabulous card sets!