Monday, October 3, 2011

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks Day 1!

October Release At a Glance
  • We have sneak peeks to share Monday through Wednesday.  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, October 6th at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the OvenDepartment at the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
  • Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day, one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate.  Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day!  Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please.  Comments close Wednesday 10/5 at 7pm PST for the drawings.


Today we have lots of new stampy goodness to share from Taylored Expressions. I'll start with the adorable Woodland Winter set, illustrated by Doug Applegate for the Apple Doodle Ink Collection. This is a full size set on a 5.75" x 8.5" full colour sturdy storage panel and includes 21 images and sentiments for just $21.95. You'll fall in love with these cute little critters!

I used Taylor's current sketch challenge for the layout, TESC147, and supplies from the 12 Days Project Pantry. I started by stamping the little mouse then I masked him and stamped the fox, to create this adorable duo. The image is coloured with copics and I added some rhinestones (which I coloured with R29) to their hats. Do you see the subtle tree background paper? I repeatedly stamped the tree image with old paper distress ink to create this look.

Next up is Snow à la carte, another fun image illustrated by Nancy McKinney for the Word à la carte Collection. This single stamp is just $5.95, perfect for quick cards and projects.

I took my own advice on this one and created a clean and simple single layer card. I know...freaky for me, eh? :-)

First I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White then I coloured it with copics. Next I ran it through my swiss dots cuttlebug folder to add the snow. Then the snowgirl looked a little sickly with bumps all over her body so I stamped her again, coloured her and popped her on foam tape. Love how this little bit of dimension adds so much detail to this simple card.

I have another very special stamp set to tell you about, and I know you'll see fabulous samples with it on some of the other Baker's Dozen blogs: Moka Hope. As you probably know, October is breast cancer awareness month. Taylored Expressions will donate $1 from the sale of each Moka Hope set to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

TE is also a proud sponsor of the Hope You Can Cling To card drive over on Splitcoast and we encourage everyone to participate in the challenges during October and donate their cards to the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center.
This little set is perfect for all types of encouragement cards and while it was designed with breast cancer in mind, her ribbon can be customized to any colour for any cause or disease.

Now it's time to hop around to the rest of the Baker's Dozen blogs and see what everyone else created.


    See you tomorrow for more stampy goodness!!!
    Oh, and by the way, these two cards are numbers 20 & 21 for my Project Christmas 2011.

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Karen

    24 comments:

    Rachel G said...

    Adorable! Love the stitching around the circle.

    Regina Mangum said...

    LOVE the background paper your created, Karen! Your CAS Snow card is SO FAB! XOXO

    Jen Shults said...

    Oh these are fantastic! I love the first card... the trees stamped in the background are PERFECT!!! I love the CAS layout of the second one! It's just gorgeous! WONDERFUL!!!

    Jodi Collins said...

    Oh my WORD girlie! Your coloring on both of these is just STUNNING!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you stamped the critters and I ADORE your CAS snow card!!

    Karen Giron said...

    SUPER cute, Karen! LOVE the little mouse sitting on the fox and all the texture on your snowman. He's just so cute!

    wendy said...

    so cute....love it

    Melody said...

    So cute! I love the little mouse sitting on the fox. Cute idea! The all white snow card is striking!

    Danni said...

    Such adorable cards!

    Michele Boyer said...

    These are SOOO cute, Karen! (And your stitching around that circle is PERFECT!) Love them both!

    Crafty Math Chick said...

    Both cards are wicked cute! All those woodland creatures are super adorable (great job with the sketch BTW - I thought it was quite a challenge) and you colored them beautifully. I really like your a la carte snowman card to and the sparkle you added.

    Lisa J said...

    I love the CAS look of your snowman card. The embossed is very effective. The critters on your first card are adorable.

    Mandy said...

    Beautiful examples - love them!

    Crafty Cath said...

    Sometimes ya just gotta go clean and simple and your snowman card is wonderful. And what a wonderful bargain as well! Thanks for sharing your find!

    sharon g said...

    Your little guys are so very cute. I love them.

    Jules said...

    I must have that SNOW stamp - all very cute!

    Leslie said...

    Ohhhhh, can you hear my sighing from here?! Those are both adorable! I love the little mouse on the fox and their little hats and the fun bright colours and your shading is fab and I LOVE the snowman one....but then you knew I would! :)

    Kary said...

    Oh Karen, I LOVE your first card!!! It super super CUTE!! The image is so fun and I really, really like it. Great design & beautifully put together. Your second card is totally sweet too!! Great job!!

    Purrfect Paper Creations said...

    So cute, I love the little critters on your first card! And the embossing on the second is just perfect!

    Chris L.

    Wanda G (stampcat) said...

    SUCH awesome projects for today! WOWOW!!! Love how you did the little critters! :-)

    JessicaK said...

    Oooooh, the snowman card is so cool. Love the effect of the swiss dots embossing folder for the background.

    Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

    These are so, so cute, Karen! ADORABLE! So glad to have you back! :)

    Jillisgram said...

    Very cute cards Karen. I'm enjoying this blog hop and all the beautiful examples.

    Sankari W. said...

    OH MY WORD! I love that first card - I had to look again because I just realized that you created the background of the trees!!! SOOO CLEVER!! And your coloring of those cutie critters is amazing! Love the bling on the hat! And I love that CAS card of yours - sooooo crisp, clean and awesome!!! Beautiful!!!
    Big hugs
    Sankari :)

    Patty B said...

    Loving these card ideas! I really love the animal card! I think for me this is a must have stamp set!!