Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Birthday Girl {MFTWSC43}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 43.

My post today is doing double duty as a sketch sample, but more importantly, it's my birthday card for fellow MFT design team member Joanne!!! It's her birthday today, so be sure to pop over and leave her some big birthday wishes. Happy Birthday Joanne!!!

I pulled out the fun à la mode Birthday Girl and papers from the My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Market Street 6x6 pad.

I started by stamping the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto cream card stock, then I coloured her with copics. I added three tiny rhinestones for her necklace...love that bit of bling. I used the Prima Donna petals die-namics to create the flower element and stamped the sentiment onto paper cut out using the dog tag die-namic. For the horizontal strip I used the double scallop border die-namic and a piece of kraft ribbon.

Here are all the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC43. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the die-namics I used:

Have a super fabulous day Joanne!
Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

mplsbetty said...

Great card! I'm new to copics and love that you share the colors you use!! :)

Lisa H. said...

sooo fantastic! love that alm!

Debbie Carriere said...

Love this!! Great colors!

Michele Boyer said...

SUPER cute, Karen! Love the flower and your stitching!

Leslie said...

How pretty is this?! Love her blingy necklace! Am off to wish Joanne a Happy Birthday....

Jess Willison said...

Gorgeous card! Your colouring is fantastic!

Jodi Collins said...

Talk about sweet! This looks good enough to eat! LOVE the colors and your coloring!

Julie said...

Beautiful card Karen! Love that flower and your coloring is fabulous!

Francine said...

Cute card - love the Prima Donna petals flower - I'll have to get me that die I think!

Diane said...

So cute...love the colors, too...so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Love this one! That flower is perfect on it!