Wednesday, September 11, 2013

You Rock 50 {MFTWSC141}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 141.

Hop over to the MFT Blog for all the details and to link up your creation. You could win up to a $20 gift certificate to the MFT Boutique just for playing along!

I must admit, this sketch had me stumped at first, but then I realized I needed a masculine birthday card for a friend of ours who turned 50, and it all came together. I don't know about you, but I always find it easier to create a card when I have a purpose rather than creating just to make something. Know what I mean?!?


I started with a Sweet Tooth card base then I used the large square from Blueprints 3 Die-namics to cut out the Nightshift Blue layer. I love that this layers perfectly with the large square from Blueprints 7 Die-namics, which I used to cut out the Fuse Green background layer. I used the Plaid Builder Background and Fuse Green Premium Dye Ink to add pattern to the background layer.

The talk bubble element was cut from Smooth White using the Blueprints 7 Die-namics. The sentiment is from Document It - Rock On and I stamped it with Wild Cherry Premium Dye Ink. I used another element from Blueprints 7 Die-namics to cut out the Wild Cherry vertical strip.

I used the 5 and 0 from Big Numbers Die-namics to cut out the Nightshift Blue numbers for the main panel. The Kraft square was cut out using the Blueprints 7 Die-namics then I stamped it with the Textile Backgrounds using Kraft Premium Dye Ink. The Peek-a-Boo Chevrons Die-namics were perfect for cutting out the small Sno Cone chevrons.

Then I used the star from Blueprints 4 Die-namics to cut out the Sno Cone star. I added a couple of masculine touches with a brad and some staples.

On the inside I used the Birthday Sentiments to stamp a simple sentiment with Kraft Premium Dye Ink and Wild Cherry Premium Dye Ink.

I'm really pleased with how this card turned out. I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on the MFT Blog.

Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Wonderful card. Love all the die-cuts you used and the bold colors.

Lisa H. said...

LOVE this. soooooo great for a masculine birthday. diggin' that argyle, wishing I had it and this Blueprints set. super cool card, Karen.

Jody Morrow said...

Your card is gorgeous. The background looks AWESOME.