Monday, September 16, 2013

It's Your Birthday

Happy Monday friends!!!

I'm honoured to be playing along with Taylored Expressions today. The 5th birthday bash is continuing this week with the Share Joy Campaign benefiting Union Rescue Mission of Los Angeles, Prodigal's Home of Phoenix, and Iowa Homeless Youth Shelter. These wonderful charities work tirelessly to bring comfort and care to many homeless individuals and families throughout the year. One way they are sharing joy each and every day is by celebrating the birthdays of their members, and you can help by sending in your handmade birthday cards!

These charities need birthday cards of all kinds: child, adult, baby, so send in your funny, sweet, elegant and masculine works of art and know that you'll be brightening someone's day in a way that only a handmade card can.

It's a wonderful opportunity to donate some of the cards we make (and I know that I definitely have more cards in my stash than I can send) to be given to deserving people. Read all the details on the Taylored Expressions Blog. Card size is restricted to A2 only please, and you do not need to include envelopes.


I created a fun, masculine birthday card using Joan's colour challenge. I love these bright colours for a birthday card!

I started with a Sweet Tooth card base then added a layer of Banana Split. The patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Fly a Kite collection.

I used the It's Your Birthday stamp for the sentiment, stamping it with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press It Blending Card, then I coloured it with copic markers. I gave the letters three coats with my clear glaze pen so they're super shiny in real life.

Don't forget to hop over to the Taylored Expressions blog for all the Share Joy Campaign details, and for a list of today's participants. There will be challenges each day this week to inspire you to play along.

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Jami said...

Thanks so much for playing along with us Saucy! Your card is super cute and I love that you thought to make it versatile to work for a guy. I'm sure they will need a lot of masculine cards and I hadn't even thought about that.

Cassie said...

Gorgeous card, Karen!

Joan Ervin said...

How cute, Karen....love how you used the colors and your sewing looks great!!!!!

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO cute Karen! I miss stamping with you! Happy to see your card today. XO

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Karen! Love the added glaze and all the fab stitching!

Taylor said...

Super cute, Karen! Thanks so much for playing along for our Share Joy campaign!

Shelly said...

So sweet, love the CAS birthday panel with the clear glaze!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous colors and design, such a great cause!

Leslie said...

Well this is lovely, nice and fun with bright colors. And again an extra photo showing that lovely shine on the letters. This blog fan loves those photos :) !!