Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sweet Sunday Strong

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC155.

I went with Vertical Greetings stamps and Die-namics set from My Favorite Things for a quick and easy, and effective card.


To create the faux layer under the sentiment panel I simply cut the Tangy Orange card stock using the same Vertical Greetings Die-namics die then cut it in the center so I could overlap the top and bottom edges a little. The flags were cut out using the First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics and I added three buttons in place of where the sentiment should have gone.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Kristii Lockart - superstar guest designer
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé (she's off this week)
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the Die-namics I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

12 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Quick - Check
Easy - Check
Effective - Check!

LOVE this! I love the embossing on the patterned paper and the little button trio is so perfect!

Candace said...

Your sewing is PERFECT! I can do zig-zag pretty well, but I never can do a good straight stitch. Love your card and how you embossed the patterned paper!!

Janet said...

great card!! :) hugs

Dana White said...

Love how you embossed the dp. Very effective card!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Perfection, so love that sentiment and the buttons are adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Karen, this is awesome! I love that set by MFT!

Leslie said...

Ooh nice and bright! Like that you flipped the sketch and used buttons instead of the sentiment! And I love it when you emboss the background paper :)

Lisa H. said...

subtle details....always love that! beautiful creation, Karen!

Michele Boyer said...

Ohhhhh...I really like the three little flags and how you worked your thread with the buttons! Cute!

Jodi Collins said...

Ain't it the truth ;) LOVE this!

Lynn Put said...

Excellent card Karen! I really like how you've used this sentiment with the sketch and your embossed designer paper and buttons looks fantastic!

Shannon White said...

Love this! GREAT Sentiment! So True! 8-) Love the Pretty dp's and fun color combo too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon