Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ornaments {MFTWSC62}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 62.

I took the Christmas route for my card today and created card #11 for Project Christmas 2012.

Pin It
I used the Christmas Ornaments Stamps and Die-namics set and patterned papers from the Echo Park Dots and Stripes 6x6 pad. I love that MFT's card stock coordinates with just about every colour of patterned paper. Here I used Sour Apple, Blue Raspberry and Wild Cherry, along with Fossil, Sweet Tooth and Black Licorice. For the sentiment I cut out the green strip using the First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics and once my sentiment was stamped, I shortened the banner by placing it back in the die with the excess hanging over and running it through my Vagabond again. You can see the technique in this post where I shortened the Chat Bubbles Die-namics.

I stamped the sparkle on each of the ornaments with Versamagic Cloud White and once that was dry I added a rhinestone brad to the center of each one. In keeping with the sketch, I added a length of Kraft ribbon under the image panels.

Here are all the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC62. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!


Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

14 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Oh this is fantastic! I love the ornaments hanging from the panels and the little jewel in the center really makes them pop! Super cute, Karen!

Gabby said...

Very nice card! LOVE the colors. Nice work. :)

Danni said...

Ohhh...I really like this! So pretty with such vibrant colors!!

Melody said...

Great card! Love how each panel is a different colors.

Queen Mary said...

Karen, what a great idea for this sketch! Love the jewels!

Scrappin Stampers said...

Nice card, love the colors

zehra said...

Gorgeous colors, great card

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so cute, you are definetly going to be ready for Christmas

Lisa H. said...

I'm so jealous of you...you are soooo good at these holiday card. I should be more like you. this is lovely!

Leslie said...

So very pretty Karen! Love the bright matching colours and where did you get the white inkpad? I struggle with a white pad and would appreciate any tips - thanks :)

stampingbowd said...

Stunning!!! I tried using a similar sketch back in November, I think. I used ornaments too but mine was quite horrid compared to this!!! This caught my eye the moment I saw it on SCS!!!!

Miche said...

Love the bright colours and all those polka dots!!!!

Debbie Carriere said...

I love this Karen!! Love how you kept each panel monochromatic!!

Denise Marzec said...

I love this sketch and what YOU'VE done with it with those ornaments and the three different colored panels. Awesome!