Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sweet Sunday Snowman

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC154.

This week's sketch is perfect for just about any image, but I went for Christmas again and created card #12 for Project Christmas 2012. At this rate, I may actually be able to stop making Christmas cards before December!! Wouldn't that be a load off the holiday stress! LOL!!
Pin It

I used Pure Innocence Holiday Hugs Snowman from MFT and some new-to-me October Afternoon Holiday Style patterned paper. I find the only thing that keeps me motivated to create Christmas cards all year long is if I have some new goodies to play with. It's a great shopping excuse! LOL!! I used my Mix & Match Banners Die-namics to cut out the Wild Cherry vertical strip and just extended the length.

I stamped the snowman with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured him with copic marker. The image panel is layered onto Black Licorice card stock, and I also used some Berrylicious card stock for the base layer. I used some sour apple ribbon for the horizontal strip.

On the inside I used the Mini Monarch Border Die-namics to cut out the Wild Cherry strip, which adds a little interest to the bottom of the card, and I stamped a sentiment from the set with black ink.

I hope you'll play along and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stamper came up with.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Shannon White <---- our superstar guest designer
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

12 comments:

Shannon White said...

Oh this is too CUTE!! 8-) Love your Darling Snowman! So Sweet! Just makes me smile! Love the dp's you paired with him too! So fun and Festive! And good for you getting your Christmas cards done ahead of time! So Smart! 8-) I'm just so thrilled to be joining you all this Challenge! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Karen Giron said...

So super cute, Karen! I love the blue, red, and green together and you colored Mr Frosty perfectly! I love his colorful scarf.

Tricia T said...

This is just precious! It's detailed, but simple at the same time. I love it!

Lisa H. said...

love this frosty guy! he looks great all decked out in these festive colors.

Dawn Easton said...

Adorable! LOVE the snowmen that MFT came out with last year!! They were a must have for sure! GREAT colours on this!!

Leslie said...

Yay, I was hoping you'd make another Christmas card - it keeps ME motivated! Excellent colouring on his hat and scarf especially the bits of white showing on the scarf! Oh and like how you made the banner with that Mix & Match Banner die. Lovely card!

Lynn Put said...

Super cute Christmas card Karen! Your coloring on this adorable snowman image is fantastic and I really like your papers and embossed banner!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is adorable Karen, I so love your coloring on that cute snowman and your stitching is perfect!!!

hayleycreates said...

This is so cute. Just love it - and love what you did with the inside too.

Dana White said...

Oh I love the bright colour of his scarf!!! Look at you go with the holiday cards!!

Crafty Cath said...

I'm smitten with snowmen so this card calls to me from the get go. Then your colors WOW me - they're so bright and a little non-traditional. What I love most is your coloring and the white spaces where light is shining! Super.

Miche said...

This is sooooo cute -fantastic job colouring!!