Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Better Together {MFTWSC63}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 63.

I adore this sketch so much that I had a difficult time deciding which image to use. But I didn't have time during teasers to ink up Pure Innocence Precious Little Lamb - Better Together, so I went with that one.
Pin It

I picture these two sweeties sitting up on a hill, looking down at the city (or the farm) so I used the Skyline Border Die-namics to cut out the white skyline and tucked it behind the image panel.

The lambs were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copic markers. I paper pieced their jackets with patterns from the My Minds Eye On the Bright Side Two 6x6 pad. I used the Flat Bottom Clouds Die-namics to create the cloud accent and the smaller cloud is cut from Puff Cloud White felt. A strip of Orange Fizz ribbon brightens up the background a little and the base layers are Berrylicious and Hot Fudge card stock.

On the inside I used the Sweet Stack Die-namics to cut out the sentiment panels and the Small Scallop Border Die-namics to cut out the brown patterned strip.

Here are the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC63. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!


Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

12 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so cute

Angel said...

great coloring on these sweet lambs! love the colors and clouds!

wendy said...

great card Karen...love the coloring!and the interesting layers

Danni said...

Oh my is this ever sweet!!

Megan said...

I love this! The skyline is darling!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Hugs Elaine

Queen Mary said...

Karen I love the paper piecing details! Excellent work!

Cindi said...

Adorable! Love your papers and the way you colored their fur. Great papers.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Oh MY Karen!!?!? Your coloring of the lambs is AMAZING!!!!!!! Love the sweet colors and your paper piecing!!

Crafty Hugs!!
Meredith

Dana White said...

The city die behind the panel is perfect & their paper pieced "coats" are really cute

Anonymous said...

So so cute girl! I love the clouds on this for that panel, so smart!!!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE your coloring on them and the skyline border is fantastic!!