Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Be Merry {MFTWSC65}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch  65.

 

I stuck pretty much exactly to the sketch this week, and used à la modes Candy Cane Kisses to create card #13 for Project Christmas 2012.

The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copic markers. I used a green Spica glitter pen to add sparkle to the candy cane then layered the image onto wild cherry card stock.

I used the larger size from the open scallop doily duo Die-namics to cut out the fossil circle element and used the chat bubbles Die-namics for the sentiment. The patterned paper is from the Authentique Wonder 6x6 bundle and the green base layer is jelly bean green card stock. The cream scalloped piece was cut out using the scalloped scallop border Die-namics.

Here are the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC65. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!


Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen this is fab, I have not made a christmas card yet, I will have to start soon though.
I have been busy with family and am now catching up on everyones blogs and posts, you have made some stunning creations of late well done
hugs elaine

Karen Giron said...

I love this, Karen! The glitter is fantastic and I love that you are keeping up with those Christmas cards! Way to go!

Lisa H. said...

there you go again...inspiring me to think Holiday.....pretty card. love those papers, makes me happy to see them again.

Barbara said...

I just love that you're doing Christmas cards! I should start doing that!! This is so pretty, Karen!

Leslie said...

Verrrry nice! Love the green candy cane with all it's sparkle!

redstampinsam said...

Love your card and that it is never too soon to start on Christmas Cards. I must do that too!!!

Michele Boyer said...

Cute!! LOVE those sparkles!

Queen Mary said...

Karen I love the bright colors on this! Excellent Christmas card! I need to get started!

Jodi Collins said...

She is divine! LOVE this!