Friday, October 14, 2011

Take Off, eh!

I've had this Take Off set from The Cat's Pajamas since it was released and it had yet to see any ink, so I pulled it out and played along with the TCP Tuesday sketch challenge, TCPTUES180.

The sketch was a little intimidating with that big 'ole star, but I just treated it like any other layer and I love how my card came together. This little guy is SO cute!!! I love that his ears are practically bigger than the plane!

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto choice buttercream and coloured it with copics. I paper pieced the airplane with two patterns from the Blink of an Eye collection by My Mind's Eye. I added a couple coats of clear glaze pen to his goggles and a rhinestone swirl coming out of the exhaust pipe. I cut out the row of clouds using the cloud border die then stitched them in place. I gotta say, my little Janome Sew Mini did not like going through that many layers of card stock! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

10 comments:

Michele Boyer said...

I love all the stitching and bling! SO very cute, Karen!

Nancy Thomas said...

So pretty Karen - the bling out of the exhaust pipe is a great touch.

Jackie Pedro said...

SO CUTE, Karen!!! LOVE how you used and stitched the clouds! Great card!

Unknown said...

Soooo super cute Karen!! Love the bling!!

Alma de la Rosa said...

SWEET!

Leslie said...

You rocked that sketch!! Love the clouds and the blingy 'exhaust'! :)

Dana White said...

This is so cute - the paper piecing, the stitching in the clouds, the bling for the exhaust all perfect!

Sonia said...

Love this card Karen! The image is adorable too!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Darling card Karen! I really like how you paper pieced the plane and the swirling bling is a great accent! Wonderfully done! :D

Robin McK said...

Amazing job with this card Karen! I love it!!! TFS