Monday, October 10, 2011

MFT Creative Challenge - Be Negative

Say what? Be negative? No way...I'm little Miss Positive. In fact I'm known for finding the silver lining in just about everything. But just this once I'll concede and "be negative" just for this challenge.

In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, we're going to "be negative."   Our designers will show you what you can do with the negative space after you cut out your Die-namics, or the other half of patterned paper, cardstock or felt that is leftover when you're done with your Die-namics! Visit Kim's Blog to see exactly what we've been up to, you'll find a full list of designers that have taken up the challenge!

I made a sweet little card with Pure Innocence Pumpkin Patch Girl and I used the negative space of four different die-namics dies: flat-bottom cloud, fresh cut grass, postage border, and file tab. The patterned papers are from the Away We Go collection by My Mind's Eye.

I've taken a few close ups to show you the detail in the cut out pieces. I wanted the cloud to have some texture so I used my swiss dots embossing folder on the cream card stock behind the cut out cloud. The brown strip is the negative part left over from cutting out the postage border die-namic (I had saved it from an earlier project). The grass at the bottom is the negative part of the fresh cut grass die-namic...sweet!

I cut the file tab out of the polka dot paper and used the negative space on the front of my card, then I used the actual tab on the inside.

Have fun looking at your die-namics in a whole new light, and add a little negativity in your crafting life once in a while! LOL!!

Here are the die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

WOW! I am TOTALLY in LOVE with this card! SO gorgeous and creative!

StampOwl said...

love all the negativity on this one hehe!

Lisa H. said...

beautiful, Karen! looove, everything about this.

Danni said...

Wow!! This is just AMAZING!! Love it!

Sarah Gough said...

Gorgeous Karen, I love using those clouds that way!

wendy said...

so super cute!

Michele Boyer said...

SO cute! Love the negative cloud!

Jodi Collins said...

AWESOME girlie! LOVE how you used the negative cloud with the embossed panel underneath! FAB fun papers and colors too!!