Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sweet Sunday Caroling Penguin

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC137.

Karen has switched up the size of the card for today's sketch, and I decided to flip the sketch. So the finished size of my card is 3 1/4" x 6 1/2". This is card #19 for my Project Christmas 2011...yay!

I used the fun Penguin Pals set from Taylored Expressions and paired him with patterned papers from the Echo Park Holly Jolly Christmas 6x6 pad. I thought the colourful music paper was perfect for this little caroler.

He's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics. I added some white liquid appliqué to his hat and some red Twinkles for the berries. I used my medium scallop border die to cut out the green strip, and it wasn't quite long enough to reach across the entire card so I cut two strips and hid the seam under the scalloped circle.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute penguin card, love him! Great papers! Just a fun card!

Lynn Put said...

So adorable Karen! All of the detail that you've added on this cute little penguin is just too sweet! The paper piecing, the fluffy hat the gems I love it!

seamom said...

How cute is your penguin! The card is awesome. I like that you turned the sketch horizontally, and the bright music background. So colorful, too! Definitely a winner!

wendy said...

so totally super CUTE !

Nancy Thomas said...

So very cute - I really like that size.

Dana White said...

Oh I really like this sketch flipped. Great card what a perfect Christmas card

Leslie said...

Well this little penguin is super cute and I love your tip about the scallop strip being too short so you cut two and hid it - clever!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love that adorable little penguin! That music paper is perfect with him! Love all the little details you added!

Jodi Collins said...

Is he not the CUTEST! This is as sweet as can be!!!