Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sweet Sunday Knitting

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC141.

I'm showcasing another of the new à la modes from MFT, à la mode - Knit Happens. I'm not a knitter, but I just love this sweet image with her warm toque.

As you can see, I flipped the sketch. The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copic markers. Her sweater is paper pieced with one of the patterns from the Jillibean Soup Christmas Eve Chowder mini pad.

I cheated the sketch just a little by using the ticket tab die-namic in the top left corner instead of a rectangle of card stock, then I just couldn't get that little scallop piece at the bottom to look right unless I ran it right across the card. I used the small scallop border die-namic to cut out the green piece and added a lush red felt flower which I created with the new Loopy Bloom die-namic.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. I'm the other Sweet Sunday Stampers followed the sketch a little more closely than I did so why don't we hop around and find out!
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

33 comments:

zehra said...

Love the paper pieced dress, the colors are sweet. Love the card

StampOwl said...

so pretty Karen

Melody said...

Very pretty!

Jen Tapler said...

So fabulous Karen!! I can not wait to order that loopy bloom die!! Your paper piecing is awesome (as is your coloring, per usual).

Heather said...

Super card, love your colouring :)

Cornelie said...

Wauw! Nice, brightful card. The colouring is stunning!

Diane said...

Great card...love her paper pieced sweater...what fun...not a knitter either, but still would love this set!!

crafternz said...

the loopy bloom element just go so well with this card. I must get the loopy bloom die...

Karen Giron said...

I just HEART this stamp!! Love how you fit the sketch to her and I'm not a knitter either, but I just adore her!!

Dawn Easton said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! Love that new A la Mode!

wendy said...

super....love the colors and the loopy flower...

Lynn Put said...

Oh my goodness is this ever cute! Love the felt flower, colors and sweet paper pieced image!

Anita said...

So pretty, Karen.

Laura said...

Love the dress, love the set. Can't wait for the release.

Nancy Thomas said...

Gorgeous coloring and paper piecing. I love all the bright colors and that big loopy flower. So pretty.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Oohh la la!!! LOVE!!! Absolutely LOVE! And REALLY LOVE that gorgeous flower!!!

xx SJ

Karen Day said...

I am a knitter! And I've been looking for a cute stamp that is knitting related... love your card!

Vicki Burdick said...

Fabulous Karen, love that image and your fabulous flower!!!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEE these colors Karen! So warm and toasty!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Elicia P said...

Love your card! So bright and happy... makes me not mind the cold weather and holiday themes just around the corner!

Becky Carafa said...

Ack, love the fun colors!

Inge Groot said...

Gorgeous this fun color combo of pink and red! Love the big felt flower and the embossed dotted background too, fab card Karen!

mplsbetty said...

Love the loopy flower with this image. Great copic coloring!!
Becky S.

Crafty Cath said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you...you modified the sketch and it looks so great! Not that the sketch wasn't great to start with but you see I always feel like you have to follow it exactly..I'm so type A. But your ingenuity and craftiness shows us that it's a roadmap and we can freely make it our own. That paper pieced Holiday fleece looks fantastic! I actually know a few girlies that would love for me to pick one up for them. And seriously, the red felt pom pom (flower) is perfect!

Dana White said...

What a great toque on her; guess your old neighbours could use one today?! Great card love the colours my friend

Leslie said...

She's so cute - love her sweater and I love the shading on the ball of yarn!

Jenni said...

like the pink on this card!! :) very fun card!!

jennik

Kary said...

Karen, this is such a sweet card!! Love the pink huge yarn ball, and the loopy bloom is gorgeous.

Lisa H. said...

oooo! lovin' the colors on this one and the great sketch! NICE!

Elle said...

Beautiful card. I love the papers.

Flo said...

Love your paper pieced sweater and all the pink. Super cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love this one! The red bloom matching her hat, nice touch!

Jodi Collins said...

Magnificent girlie! LOVE LOVE LOVE these colors and papers!