Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Walk It Off {MFTWSC30}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch #30.

I'm a total sucker for all circle elements when making a card so I knew I'd love love LOVE this sketch, and I did! This is going to be another go-to sketch for me in the future.

I decided to ink up Fred Bear Takes a Hike and paired him with papers from October Afternoon's Campfire collection.

I stamped Fred with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured him with copics. I wanted him to have a furry look so once he was all coloured and shaded, I went back over him with all the same shades of brown but adding little dots everywhere instead of solid brush strokes. I'm really happy with the result. And that snail...does he not just call out for googlie eyes?!? I couldn't resist and they make me smile!!! I used my simply scallops medium die-namic to create the red polka dot layers and curled up the scallops for a little texture. I used four shades of MFT cardstock (which is fabulously thick and sturdy!), Hot Fudge, Berrylicious, Orange Fizz, and Gumdrop Green. To finish it off I wrapped some Cappuccino Twine and tied on a red button.

Here are all the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC30. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

17 comments:

Rachel G said...

Cute! Love Fred and his little googleed eyed friend. Love your dottie scallops.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

LOVE this, so cute

Kary said...

Awesome card, Karen!! I love the colours and just how fun the card is.

Sarah Gough said...

This is perfect Karen!

Kim O'Connell said...

Love how you turned up the edges of the scallops a bit! Awesome combo of DSP to go along with Fred!

Barbara said...

OH. My. Stars. This is so flippin' adorable! It's simply perfect!!

Anonymous said...

That is exactly what I need to do after my vacation!!! WALK IT OFF!! Love this my friend!

Dana White said...

oh he is cute - off to find some trails here so maybe I can walk it off?!

zehra said...

this is some awesome coloring. really cool but gorgeous.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Oh Karen - the colors are DIVINE! Your coloring, as always, is STUNNING!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

jeanne girl said...

Love your furry Fred Bear!! And your snail made me smile too :) Very fun card.

Anne Tussing said...

Your card is awesome!! I LOVE the sentiment...it's one I use quite often and is so perfect with Fred. LOVE the googly eyes on the snail:)

Cheryl said...

Fred looks adorable in those red boots and I love the googly eyes :D I like the curled scallops and all the different colors you've combined look smashing!

Jenny said...

Absolutely LOVE the texture you created on Fred!!! I am sooooo trying that someday! Thanks for the inspiration:)

Colleen Begley said...

Ah, Karen. This card is so cute. I have tried the dot technique with my Copics and it just doesn't ever look right. Your's looks great, I have to practice. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I LOVE your card Karen! So adorable! Look at those delightful googlie eyes! Your coloring is just perfect! :D

Jessie/knightrone said...

I'm might DIE this is so CUTE!! GOOGLIE EYES!!!