Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sweet Sunday Paradise

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC126.

My flight instructor recently moved into a new house, on the water, and I was there this week for a tour, so I figured it was high time to give her a housewarming card. It's a really fabulous place with big deck overlooking the water. We were watching sailboats go by...it really is a little piece of paradise!!!

I used the very appropriate A Day In Paradise set from Taylored Expressions. Although this beach cottage really looks nothing like her house (hers is red brick) it's still an adorable image and the paradise sentiment was too perfect to resist.

The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream and coloured with copics. I added some clear glaze pen to the windows for a glassy look. The picket fence border die was another perfect element for the horizontal strip on this card. And I covered most of it up, but I used the clouds impression plate on the background piece. You can see it best down by the sentiment.

I hope you'll play along this week and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Next time you go to your flight instructors place can you take me with you, lol?
Your card is wonderful I love the soothing colors, the picket fence die and your twine bow!

Vicki Burdick said...

So perfect Karen!! Love the colors you used and that fence die is the perfect touch. Sounds like paradise to me!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So lovely, AWESOME colors!!

Karen Giron said...

How amazing to own a house on the beach! Wowza! LOVE the coloring and the accents!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Brilliant card, Karen! The sentiment is just perfect for new home owners! Hope that you had a happy weekend! :D

Dana White said...

Oh this is fabulous my friend - what a great housewarming card

Jodi Collins said...

SUPER sweet my friend!! LOVE this little beach house! The picket fence die is perfect!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Karen! LOVE this one...such a great card. Love the colors, the little fence... all of it! Great take on the sketch.