Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Taylored Expressions Special Release

Taylored Expressions is overflowing with so much new rubber that we couldn't fit it all into our monthly release!!! We're excited to bring you a one-time mid-month release of 3 new stamp set: Labels of Love, You're My Type Upper, and You're My Type Lower. As if that wasn't exciting enough, these three new sets are designed to coordinate with new Spellbinders dies!!! All the new products are available TODAY in the TE Store!!!

We also want to take this opportunity to express a HUGE thank you to Spellbinders, who generously provided our design team members with Grand Calibur die cutting machines. What an amazing gift, eh?!? Well mine has been put to good use cutting multiple dies at one time and using it with the large format Grand Calibur dies. Thank You Spellbinders!!! I'm excited to show you what I'e created today with all these goodies!!!

Let's start with Labels of Love and the coordinating Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio 3.

I decided to use my Grand Scalloped Squares to create the pretty card base which measures 5 1/4". You can see here in the photo how the large size of the Grand Calibur die cutting machine easily accommodates the large format Grand dies. It's so smooth to operate and sits securely on the table top thanks to the stability feature.

For the focal point of the card I stamped the Labels of Love image with Memento Tuxedo Black directly onto patterned paper, and then again onto choice buttercream. I used my stamp positioner to place the sentiment in the center then cut out the patterned version with the coordinating Ribbon Tag Trio 3 die. I used my scissors to cut out the buttercream oval, popped it on foam tape for dimension then added some glitter around the edge.

Labels of Love has plenty of image and sentiment choices with 7 frames, 6 flourishes and 18 sentiments, so you're pretty much covered for just about any occasion. This is a full sized stamp set, designed by Taylor as part of the *te* collection. It comes pre-trimmed on EZ Mount cling foam, ready to use straight from the package!!!

The papers on my card are from the Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe collection. I used my scalloped eyelet border die on the orange strip and cut out some pretty butterflies as a little accent. Clear rhinestones seemed like the perfect finishing touch.

To make your shopping easier, Taylor is offering a one-click Labels of Love Bundle, which includes the stamp set and coordinating Spellbinders dies. 

My first project was all pretty and girly, but my next one is totally for the boys!

Two weekends ago we were back home for my dad's surprise 80th birthday party and I thought I'd whip up a little home decor shadow box with a picture from his party. I started with a shadow box frame from Ikea that measures 9x9 inches.

I used two fun new alphabets to create the title, You're My Type Upper and You're My Type Lower (with numbers). These are both mini sets illustrated by Taylor as part of the *te* collection and they're also made of deeply etched rubber on EZ Mount cling foam, all trimmed and ready to place on an acrylic block.

The You're My Type sets are designed to work with the new Spellbinders Nested Pennants and Lacey Pennants dies. You can stamp the letters directly onto cardstock or patterned paper and cut them out with the dies, or you can do as I've done and punch them out with the 1/2" circle punch. Then I added a red layer with my 5/8" circle punch and adhered them with foam tape to the double pointed pennants.

I thought it would be fun to create a border along the left edge of the photo using one of the triangular pennants. There are 8 different dies in the Nested Pennants, which can be used for anything from cards to scrapbook pages and even home decor. The patterned papers are all from the My Mind's Eye Alphabet Soup Boy collection.

Finally I added a bouquet of fun balloons, which I cut out with my balloon dies, and secured them in place with a big blue button.

Taylored Expressions has a special offer to celebrate this mid-month release:
Both the NEW Nested Pennants and the NEW Lacey Pennants are 30% off at the TE Store while supplies last!! Regular price is $19.99, but the sale price is only $13.99.

Have fun hopping around to see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen created!!


Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Karen Giron said...

I just adore this framed page! What a fantastic memory! I am loving your card too - the papers are just amazing together and make the frame pop!

Unknown said...

OMG-- I just LOVE that fabulous framed page-- all of the accents are just perfect and the pennants on the side are such a fun, whimsical touch! Absolutely LOVE it!

Danni said...

Fabulous, fabulous projects!!

Dana White said...

This is fabulous - LOVE the pictures from Jimmy's party!!

Sankari W. said...

How awesome Karen!! I ADORE ADORE the page of your dad - seriously girl - this is just beautiful!!! I ADORE his sweet smile --- awwww!! Love the way you did the pennants! And love the beautiful butterflies and sweet details of the "Just a note" card... soooo happy and love-e-ly!!!
Sending you big big happy hugs Karen!
Sankari :)

Regina Mangum said...

Okay, how cute is your dad??? What a fab page and he is SO happy! Your girl girl cardis so adorble. LOVE these!!! XOXO

Melissa Sauls said...

Wowza Karen!! These are sooo super creative and cute and I just loooove how you used the nested pennants as a side accent of your page.....genius!!

Leslie said...

Fabulous projects - Your Dad's frame is wonderful and special and heart-warming!

Jessie/knightrone said...

It's all so FABULOUS...great colors, and papers, and your Dad's frame is amazing!!