Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Feeling Green {MFTWSC15}

We're already into the fifteenth fabulous week of MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketches!!! This one, MFTWSC15, is wide open for all kinds of interpretations and I'm excited to see what you come up with!

I decided to go with Something's Fishy a la mode and imagine that she's fishing in a stream. The entire image is paper pieced. Here's what I did...first I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo black onto choice snow white and coloured it with copics. Then I stamped it again onto the patterned pieces from my Basic Grey Marjolaine pad for her shirt, boots, and the fish. I stamped it a third time onto the lightest blue paper from the pack and ran that piece through an embossing folder. Then I cut out the coloured image, omitting all the fishing line, and glued it into place on the background piece. Because I stamped it on the base layer, the image lines up with the fishing line...sweet!

Next I used my catch a wave and flat-bottom cloud die-namics to add some fun elements. I shortened up the sentiment (which originally reads "Feeling a little green around the gills?") to fit along the bottom of the image and anchored it with a button and some honeydew twine.

I love the sentiments in this set and I wanted to add another one to the inside so I used my sweet stack die-namics to jazz it up a little.

Here are all the sketch details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC15. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

20 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This sketch is perfect for this scene, love it.

Lisa Lynn said...

The sketch and sentiments are perfect for your card. Love your paper piecing.

StampOwl said...

awesome card

Carolina said...

So darlin'! Love your take on the sketch Karen!!!

Inge Groot said...

All the dots looking so cute together, gorgeous card!

Kim O'Connell said...

OK, there are so many things to love about this! Love your use of the the cloud over her head and the polka dot embossing looks like rain.....feeling under te weather. Brilliant. And love the patterned paper on the waves, too!

Dawn Easton said...

This is awesome! Love your scene and all that dimension!!! You rocked it!

Anonymous said...

I am feeling crappy...this card would totally cheer me up!!! :)
I love the inner too, that label is perfect for the inside, I will have to remember that!

Jodi Collins said...

Hehe!! LOVE this girlie! GENIUS to put this cutie in the waves, and I LOVE all the paper piecing, your coloring and all the texture!!!

Sherrie said...

Love your funky fish! Fabulous paper piecing!

Dana White said...

UMMM I think I feel a cold coming on - maybe a sweet card would make me feel better?! HOLY my BFF this is so stinking cute - you know I LOVE all the paper piecing! Now between you & Jodi I feel I must go and place an order....

Danni said...

How adorable!! What a fintastic card, sorry couldn't resist!

g said...

totally adorable & perfect with this new sketch! awesome papers!!

Jen Tapler said...

HA! Love this. And that polka dot background is awesome!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

WOW! All that paper piecing is perfection! I love that tiny bit of teal blue border...makes everything pop! Super cute card inside and out!

Michele Boyer said...

EEK! This is totally adorable! I LOVE the girl's plaid shirt and that dotted fish!! :)

Colleen Begley said...

Those are some pretty spiffy boots. Great paper piecing and great card.

Jenny said...

LOVE everything about this card Karen!!!!!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous! I love your coloring on this one.

Jessie/knightrone said...

SUPER cute!! Great coloring!!