Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks Day 1

My post is jam packed today with fabulous new images and dies that will be available at Taylored Expressions on Thursday, April 7th. So let's get right to it, shall we?!?

The first set I want to share is Treasure Life, a full sized stamp set illustrated by Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes line (and Nancy is playing along with today's sneak peeks!). Apothecary jars are big in home decor and Treasure Life captures this fabulous design trend. 

In addition to the stamps, there's a set of coordinating Apothecary Jar Dies and fun Apothecary Shelf a la carte stamp. I used all of these products on my card today and I adore how it turned out!!!

I stamped the images with Memento Tuxedo Black onto choice snow white and cut them out with the Apothecary dies. I used my stamp positioner to perfectly place the lemons and apples inside the jars. Everything is coloured with copics and I added several coats of clear glaze pen to the jars for plenty of shine. The butterflies were cut out using my butterfly dies and I added tiny Kaisercraft pearls to their bodies. The script paper in the background is from Kaisercraft's Timeless Collection. 

The Apothecary Shelf a la carte image was stamped directly onto patterned paper Lily Bee Design Picket Fence paper pad, and cut out. I added a little shading and coloured the drawer pulls. Is this image not super fabulous??? It can be used with so many other stamp sets, not just the apothecary jars. 

Next up is the most fabulous graduation set called Dream Big. This set is also illustrated by Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes line and the images are perfect for quick and easy announcements or mass-produced cards that many people make during grad season.

I used Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #135, TESC135, for the card layout and kept this card simple and easy. The images were stamped onto choice buttercream with Memento Rich Cocoa and Colorbox Aquamarine then punched out with my 1 3/8" circle punch. Do you see the star pattern on the kraft layer behind the images? Well that's the new Stars Impression Plate...LOVE IT!!! The patterned papers are from the Crate Paper Portrait Collection and I thought the background layer was perfect with the calendar months at the top! 

I wanted the sentiment to have a little oomph so I stamped it with chocolate pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear powder. Some chocolate satin ribbon, mini roses and Twinkles on the tassels are all this card needed for a perfect finish. 

Now let's get hopping to see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen cooked up with Treasure Life and Dream Big!
Here are the dies I used on today's projects.

See you back here tomorrow for another day of fun sneak peeks!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

13 comments:

Taylor said...

Super cuteness, Karen! Love the paper pieced shelf with that blue wooden patterned paper! And your grad card is so awesome with the fresh colors you used!

Karen Giron said...

DANG I need one of those glaze pens!! Your cards are just amazing - Love the circle behind the shelf and all the little details you put into it and the grad card is beautiful with the layered images and flower accents on the bow.

Nancy said...

I need one too! I'm thinking to myself...have you mass-produced anything since your SU cruising days? Fun colours! LOVE the details on your treasures!!!

Jami said...

I adore how you used that circle element behind the shelf. Just might have to do that myself! And the layers of glaze pen look great! Your grad card would be perfect for mass-produced invitations. I helped a friend make some last year and we struggled to find a set to use.

Pat R said...

So cool to put glaze over the jars.
I love the colors and background dsp on the grad card. I especially like the star image combined with the diploma.

Jodi Collins said...

Seriously? Your apothecary jars/shelf card is OUT of this world! LOVE the paper pieced shelf...genius!! The glossy jars ROCK and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the papers and butterflies! I ADORE your grad card! STUNNING colors and I LOVE the line art diploma stamped over the solid stars!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Super cute cards Karen!! I just adore that paper pieced shelf and the jars look just yummy with the glass glaze. The grad card is just perfect! Love the idea of the circle focal points!

Kim O'Connell said...

The glaze on those jars is brilliant! Such a pretty card and love that layout on your graduation card!

Leslie said...

Those jars are superb and the fruit looks good enough to eat! Pretty card!!

Janet said...

super cards!! love the fruit!! yummy!
hugs

Regina Mangum said...

How awesome is that paper piecing on the shelf???? I love love love both of these! Your grad card is so striking...love the circled images with the stars! XOXO

Rose said...

WOW, both cards are awesome, love your graduation card and your apothecary jars are beautiful all glazed up and the shelf is fabulous, just two great pieces of art.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just beautiful, Karen! Love the Treasure You card and the grad card is so FUN with those colors!