Thursday, April 28, 2011

No Tie when it Comes to You...

I was in a masculine card kinda mood when I created this one. I haven't done a masculine card for quite some time now, but I knew I'd get right back into the groove with my Boys Will Be Boys set from Taylored Expressions.

I  used papers from Crate Paper's Toy Box collection and paper pieced the three ties onto a choice buttercream background. I cut out the focal image with my oval Nestabilities. The layout is SSS105, and I thought the simplicity of the sketch was great for a masculine card. Manly embellishments are always difficult, so I stuck with a couple of punched stars and a button. I tied in the stars by embossing the background layer with my stars impression plate.

I'm keeping this short and sweet because my parents are here visiting and today my mom and I are off to get our hair done. She really likes my hair stylist so she goes to see her each time she visits.  :-)

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

2 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Wonderful masculine card! I love the embossed background and the fun paper pieced ties!

Denise Marzec said...

Super cute, girlie! :)