Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Class Act {MFTWSC17}

It's time for sketch #17 with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club. I hope you've been playing along, but if not, it's never to late to start!

As soon as I saw this sketch I knew exactly which image I wanted to use, You Rule a la mode. She's so slender, she fits perfectly in the narrow panel. She totally reminds me of Emma from Glee, with her puffy shoulder shirt and shoulder length hair.

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto choice buttercream and coloured her with copics. The patterned papers are from my Cosmo Cricket UPcycle mini deck and I used one of the patterns to paper piece her skirt.

I used the narrow end of my Spellbinders Labels 8 to cut out the sentiment and added a notebook edge to the polka dot panel with my notebook edge die-namic. For the flower I used my upsy-daisy die-namics with a combination of sage shadow cardstock and patterned paper. I topped it with a gold button and a pink sorbet twine bow.

Here are all the sketch details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC17. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

12 comments:

Eva said...

Karen, this is such a happy adorable little card! Love the papers you used and your scrunched up ribbon!

Inge Groot said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the ribbon you've used it gives the card such a gorgeous texture:-D

Kim O'Connell said...

I did the same thing.........when I saw this sketch I thought, "A LA MODES!" Your card is so FUN with all that colorful patterend paper! She DOES look like Emma from Glee!

Dawn Easton said...

Karen, this is awesome! I need to order that a la mode! She's darling!

Lisa H. said...

great details. love this.

Anonymous said...

Emma from Glee...LOL!!! She does you know, did you watch last night...love that show!!! Amazing card as usual girl!

Rachel G said...

Adorable! What a bright fun card!

Michele Boyer said...

Adorable! Her skirt is SO cute and I love the embossed dots!

Dana White said...

Oh this is so freakin cute my friend - LOVE it!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is fabulous!!

Leslie said...

Excellent choice for Administrative Assistant's Day!! Lovely!

Barbara said...

So CUTE!!! Love all the happy colors!