Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Winobella Thank You


One of our neighbours had a party just before Christmas and I wanted to give her a thank you card. We had a fabulous time at the party, and given the festivities of the evening, Winobella from Stamping Bella seemed like an appropriate image choice! LOL! 

I paper pieced her dress with some Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper. This particular piece is from the smaller 6x6 pack so the pattern is reduced in size and perfect for her dress. I coloured the rest of the image with copics and cut it out with oval nesties. To get the red wine colour, first I coloured with E27 then I put a layer of R59 directly overtop to get the colour closer to burgundy. 
I added some crystal effects to the wine glasses and the bottle...you can see the shine in my detail picture. 

The card base is Gina K 120lb pure luxury white, then a layer of black. Next I ran a piece of baja blue through my Forest Branches CB folder and I layered the same patterned paper on the bottom of the card. The wide yellow ribbon is retired SU So Saffron and I tied it with some baja blue ribbon. I added a little wine opener charm, which I picked up from Stamping Bella when I got Winobella. 
The three silver bonbons are also from Stamping Bella. Don't they look like those silver balls you can use to decorate cakes? I like that they brought a bit of shine to that corner of the card. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Norine said...

love everything about this card
hope you have a Happy New Year
Hugs
Norine

Tina said...

Just precious, love all the details.

Janet said...

love the colours!!! hope you have a great new year and i will see ya in 2009!!!! only a couple months away!! yay:)
hugs

Anonymous said...

This is wicked! She is one of my fav Bella's. Dont you love how it turns out when you paper piece her dress, my favorite thing to do with Bella's! Love it!

Leslie said...

I'll bet they loved this! Your little details are delightful: the charm, the bon bons, the dress, all lovely.

Stamp and Smile said...

You are having a great time sending in the new year my stamping friend!! Happy 2009... DIVINE card!! :)