Thursday, December 11, 2008

Baby it's not Cold in Layers

Sorry...silly title, but I've got sooooo many layers on this card I just couldn't resist. I didn't realize quite how many challenges I incorporated into this card until I started writing them down for this post.
Here's the list:
MFT Sketch Challenge (MFTSC59)
MFT What's Up Wednesday (MFTWUW07) - use glitter and bling
MFT Who's That Girl (MFTWTG13) - use the set Baby It's Cold Outside
MFT December Ambassador #2 (DEC08MFTA2) - use three different ribbons
phew! That's a lot of challenges on one card but they came together so nicely.

I had coloured this image a few days ago, when I was doing another pink and brown image. It's stamped with Memento black onto Gina K pure luxury cardstock and coloured with copics. I layered the image onto Chocolate, then Pink Pirouette, then Rose Red and I distressed all the edges. I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the snow and the snowman.
Growing up in Northern Ontario, we got a LOT of snow in winter. My favourite days were the bright sunny days when the snow would literally shimmer and glisten...that's when you really needed sun glasses!

For the card base, I ran a piece of white through my Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug folder. Then I did a little trick that the lovely Nicky Manel showed me during a class I attended at Bellaland last spring. I ran my glue pen down one side of each of the raised lines then added glitter. Instant bling to the background! Thanks Nickabella! I layered the white onto Pink Pirouette, then onto the Chocolate card base.

For the ribbon, I first attached a piece of chocolate satin ribbon, then layered a pink Making Memories piece on top and finished it off with a layer of white organdy ribbon.

For the bottom of the card I stamped a piece of Pink Pirouette with little snowflakes from the set then punched the scallop edge. The sentiment is stamped with chocolate ink. I added a layer of Rose Red at the bottom for contrast and some Hero Arts gemstones to each scallop for even more bling...cause it just wasn't blingy enough already! LOL!

So, the moral of the story...when it's cold outside, layer up! :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

4 comments:

Leslie said...

That is SO pretty and SO your colours. The glitter is perfect. Layering is the key to keeping warm and now also for making beautiful cards!

Janet said...

very pretty card! love the glitter:)

Nancy said...

Gorgeous as always!

Unknown said...

What a beauty!