Monday, December 15, 2008

Here Comes Elzybells

Sing it with me:
Here comes Elzybells...Here comes Elzybells...Right down Elzybells lane!!!

Isn't she just sooooooooo adorable! I know I said I didn't need more Christmas cards, but, this sweet image has been stamped for over a week now just waiting to be coloured, so I HAD to turn her into a card. 

My Be Merry paper from My Minds Eye was still on my desk so I used it again since the colours just seemed perfect. The sketch is from Jen del Muro's weekend Sketch For You To Try. This card ended up a little busier than I would have liked, but I needed to cover up a boo-boo. 

The image was stamped with Memento black onto Gina K pure luxury cardstock and coloured with copics. After it was all coloured I cut it out with nesties...then the boo-boo happened. The paper moved while I was running it through my big shot during the 'embossing' cycle and it ended up all askew. 
I had to hand trim all around the nestie to get rid of most of the evidence, then I cut another nestie (the same size) of pomegranate as a layer. 

I could still see some of my boo-boo around the edges of the white so I decided to zig-zag around the image with my Sew Mini (it's been a little neglected lately anyway). The sewing pretty much covered up the rest of the boo-boo, as long as you don't look too close. LOL!

I finished off the image with some liquid applique on her hat, coat and boots for that 'faux fur' look. I also put a good helping of diamond dust on the snow line for some sparkle. 

I ended up sewing around the other panels on the card too (that's where the busier than I would have liked came in). The solid colours are the same as yesterday's card, Pink Pirouette, Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi. 

Hopefully Elzy will bring a sleigh full of goodies to you too!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Nancy said...

So sweet. Love her Canadian fur!

Leslie said...

I always say "there are no mistakes in rubber stamping", it can always be fixed. Love Elzy, she's very cute. Oh, to be able to wear pink boots and coat.

Janet said...

SOOOOO cute!!! Remember there are no mistakes in card making, its all art ;)
hugs

Jackie Pedro said...

I just found your blog through Nancy Riley's iPics and my question is...what rock have I been hiding under??? Your cards rock!! This Elzybell card is adorable! Love the stitching...

Charlene Austin said...

Oh Wow...this is amazing! I am on the Elzybells UK DT (but I live in Canada) and I just know Elizabeth would LOVE this!! Your coloring is phenom! The UK size stamps are a great great size for coloring. I will be back to oogle your blog some more!! Love it all.