Friday, December 12, 2008

Basic Grey Bella Christmas


Yet another lovely Bella crying out to be inked up before she has to hibernate for a year. Since she's got a tree in her cart, it was perfect for the Bella colour challenge on Splitcoast, to use red and green. And, since she also has presents in her cart, she's perfect for this week's challenge on the Bella-riffic Friday blog.

Right away I thought of my still untouched Basic Grey Wassail paper. I pulled all the colours from the patterned piece and matched them as best I could to my copics. Bella was stamped with Memento ink onto Gina K pure luxury cardstock, then coloured with copics. Sigh...I really LOVE colouring! I added just a bit of sparkle to the image with my new red and green Atyou Spica glitter pens (I feel like I need to say "bless you" after pronouncing that name...giggle!).

The rest of the card is quite simple. Once I cut out the image with nesties, I realized it was pretty big for a standard size card, but I didn't want to make a square card. Then I remembered seeing this idea on someone's blog (probably a bunch of blogs, sorry, can't recall exactly where though) and I thought it would work perfectly. 

The base is Kraft cardstock and the finished size is 5.5 x 3.25 inches. When I adhered Bella to the card I placed her so there's an inch sticking above the card. That way it still fits in a regular envelope. 

The dark green and patterned layers are both from the Wassail line. The ribbon is retired SU, and the dots on the sides are from Stamping Bella. 

Now, if only we could all look as thrilled as she is to be doing Christmas shopping! Just remember...It's the most...wonderful tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmme of the year.   :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Yes it IS the most wonderful time of the year...I'll just keep reminding myself of that! Another gorgeous card Karen - I am in awe of your colouring. What are these Atyou Spica glitter pens you speak of? Something I need?

Dana White said...

remember when you thought you didn't "need" nesties or copics?! Good thing you listened to your BFF! The card is beautiful; as always

Janet said...

such a great card! I adore the colours!! I need to take some colouring lessons from you!!!
hugs