Saturday, December 27, 2008

Baby Boy Onesie


Not long after we moved here, one of my neighbours had a baby boy so I made her a set of these cards to use for 'thank you' or birth announcements. 

These onesie cards are nothing new...they've been floating around for a while. I learned how to make them from my friend Dana, who learned from this tutorial on Lauren's blog. They may look complicated but really they're super simple and super cute too!  

I stamped the front of the card with SU's Dotted background in Bashful Blue ink. The patterned paper around the legs and neck is Bashful Blue DSP (retired SU). The image is from the long retired SU set Toy Box. I won't part with it though, cause in my opinion, it's one of the best boy sets ever. 

I coloured the image with copics, cut it out and adhered it to a punched scallop circle of Bashful Blue. I applied a little white gel pen to the scallops for an accent. 

And here's the finished product, all boxed up and tied with a pretty bow and matching notecard. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Love those onesies and I agree, Toy Box is a perfect "boy" set from SU.

Janet said...

so cute! i remember making one of these at your house:)

Stamp and Smile said...

Adorable!! I'm loving this idea.. and such a soft look! :)

Lori A. said...

Very cute! I made one of these once for my husband's cousin's baby shower. They're too cute.