Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tea Time

I can't believe how pretty this tin turned out! It certainly didn't start out in my mind quite this girly, but I can't help how a project evolves. This is my submission for the MFT guest designer challenge for January. Wish me luck!

I started out with MFT Hot Stuff stamp set, stamped with Memento black onto Gina K pure luxury cardstock. I coloured it with copics and paper pieced the "wall paper". For this project, I got my colour inspiration from Making Memories Paperie line. I chose two patterns to work with,  Fabric Brocade Rouge and Floral Mocha. The striped wallpaper is the reverse side of the floral mocha paper. Really, pink and brown are my two favourite colours, so that had a bit to do with the paper selection. {grin}

I wrapped the tin and the lid with the floral mocha paper. I'm a bit of a detail fanatic, so I made sure that the patterns lined up on the lid and the tin. I like the way it makes the rim of the lid nearly disappear because your eye continues with the pattern on the paper. I also wanted the inside to be pretty so I lined it with the fabric brocade paper. Then I cut a strip of fabric brocade paper and used my SU scallop border punch to create a scallop edge. I adhered it to the tin so that it was right at the bottom, just barely touching the table. I did it this way because I didn't want a lot of tin showing on the finished project. 

I adhered some chocolate ruffled ribbon (a retired SU ribbon) and layered the gorgeous felt flowers from MFT for the embellishment. The button in the centre is from the Basic Grey Granola pack. The little tag is from the nestie Tags Trio, cut out of the fabric brocade paper, and tied to the embellishment with linen thread.

To make it even more girly (cause I might as well go all out at this point!) I added some String of Pearls Baubles all around the lid and also to each of the scallops at the bottom of the tin. 

I know I've already said this, but it's SO pretty in real life! 
Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

3 comments:

Silli said...

Hi Karen, your teabox is so beautiful. I love your blog and your art! Many thanks for the numbers from the copics. Sorry, my english is not so good... have a great day! Bye from Germany...Silke

Leslie said...

It's a "perfectly pretty" tin Karen. If anyone could line up the paper, you could :) Love those Bella baubles too. I'd vote for you to be a guest designer for sure!

Unknown said...

AAAKKK you finished the inside too, it is just beautiful!