Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Colour Inspired Pocket Silhouettes



As soon as I saw Kristina's colour inspiration I thought of my Pocket Silhouettes stamp set from SU. Aren't the colours this week so warm and cozy - Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Bordering Blue, Sage Shadow, Certainly Celery. I went more with the plums than the greens, so I didn't end up using any Sage Shadow...I hope that's ok.  

I wanted to do a simple card for a change. 
I started by stamping the flower image first with Perfect Plum, then with Pale Plum, then with white ink. I rounded the corners and layered it onto some Perfect Plum CS, then I tied the Celery ribbon. 

For the rest of the card, the base is Perfect Plum and I rounded the top corners. The white layer is sponged with Perfect Plum ink. The strip at the bottom is Bordering Blue, which I ran through the Floral Screen Cuttlebug folder. Then I sponged it with Perfect plum ink. 

There's a lot less to this design than I usually do, but I like the simplicity of it. And I really like that it came together quickly.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Karla said...

Love the card, really great stamping job. Seem like very hard work but it is the magic of the stamps, ah? very well done!

Anonymous said...

Another very unique and beautiful card!

Lisa Foster said...

What a pretty card! I love your creative design!

Leslie said...

Very pretty! I love the ribbon around just the smaller image - very nice.

Nancy said...

So simple and pretty. Nice work with the colours.