Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sweet Sunday Thank You

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC212.
This is a perfect clean and simple layout for a nice big sentiment, like the Thank You Die-namics from My Favorite Things. I decided to completely flip the sketch upside down once I had my sentiment in place because there's more space below the words than above, which works better with the flower embellishment.

I used the "inlay" technique (which I first saw on Jennifer McGuire's blog) and cut the sentiment from patterned paper from the Basic Grey Kneehighs collection. Then I cut the sentiment out of the white piece and inlayed the patterned 'thank you'. The big thing to remember with the inlay technique is to keep all the tiny middle pieces because you need to re-insert them for it to look authentic.
I love the pop of yellow from the flower. I embellished the center of the flower by first coating it with Star Dust Stickles, then once that was dry I gave it a thick coating of Glossy Accents, so it looks like faux epoxy.
I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Tracy Clemente (she's taking this week off)
Here are the supplies I used:

Pin It
Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Leslie said...

So pretty and I love the inlay letters! You got me hooked on Jennifer's site 😀

Karen Giron said...

Oh hey!! GMTA!! LOVE this, Karen. That paper is really fun and the sparkle on the flower is perfect!

Barbara said...

OMGoodness! I love that die cut from patterned paper! Awesome card, Karen!

Angel said...

SO FUN! Love that dp you used for the words! Awesome card, girlie!

BJ Searcy said...

Pretty card, you did good, girl!

Vicki Burdick said...

Stunning Karen, love that inlay technique and DSP you used!!

Lynn Put said...

This is such a pretty card! I love this cool technique with the inlaid letters and how you used the colorful chevrons!

Mary J said...

I love this Karen - so cool!

Jackie Pedro said...

This looks SO COOL, Karen!

Dana White said...

This is gorgeous love the colours you used on the sentiment

Anonymous said...

I love how you used paper for the thank you, very smart!