Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sweet Sunday Cheer

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC211.

Well friends, I did it again this week…I took the Christmas route and made card #2 for Project Christmas 2014. The big rectangle on this week's sketch was just too perfect for the big sentiment from Grand Holiday Greetings.


I masked off parts of the sentiment and stamped it three times using three colours of ink. I used a circle punch to cut out the ampersand then popped it on foam tape for dimension. The patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Mistletoe Magic collection.

The snowflake element was fun to create. I cut out two snowflakes and adhered them together for added stability, then I coloured it with my Wink of Stella pen. I like how the sparkle helps it stand out from the same coloured circle in the background.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Barbara Anders
Dana White
Jackie Pedro
Jenny Peterson
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

10 comments:

wendy said...

lovely Christmas card Karen!

Lisa H. said...

so pretty. love the sentiment and the pretty holiday papers. way to go.

Vicki Burdick said...

So sweet Karen, I felt a little challenged by this sketch but you pulled it off wonderfully!!!

Tracy said...

Go Karen! You're on a roll with your holiday card. *wink* Love, love, love how this turned out. Perfect use of this weeks sketch.

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana White said...

Now this would be a fabulous mass production card. Gorgeous my friend.

Lynn Put said...

Great Christmas card Karen! Love how your sentiment totally pops with all the color.

Leslie said...

How pretty is that?! LOVE how you placed the snowflake!!

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the multicolored sentiment and the sparkly snowflake embellishment.

Anonymous said...

Ho Ho Ho ho! :)