Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sweet Sunday Holidays

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC210.

I can't believe it's already March and I haven't even started on my Christmas cards for this year. Sheesh…I'm such a slacker! Well all that changes today since I decided this week's sketch was perfect for a quick and easy Christmas card. This is officially card #1 for Project Christmas 2014.


There's not much stamping on this card, only the sentiment, which is from Snowflake Splendor. I stamped it with Steel Grey ink because I wanted it to be slightly muted like the other colours in the card, instead of being stark black.

The patterned papers are from the Authentique Tradition bundle and I used the Pretty Poinsettia Die-namics to cut out the flower and leaves.

Have you started on your Christmas cards for this year? It definitely makes it easier to create some all year long. I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Barbara Anders
Dana White
Jackie Pedro
Jenny Peterson
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the supplies I used:




Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Lisa H. said...

wow! you are slacking. haha. love that you get started on these so early. Your holiday card is lovely. the poinsettia is perfect for this sketch.

Tracy said...

Go Karen! Never too early to start on your holiday cards. Hehe. I love the details of this die and MUST order this gorgeous grey ink.

Barbara said...

LOL, you're still WAAAAAAY ahead of me! And you're right, this is a perfect sketch for a Christmas card--and a GORGEOUS one, at that!

Leslie said...

So pretty! I'm always in awe of your cards made with just die-namics - you make it look so easy! And we're even at one each for Christmas Card 2014 😀

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Karen, that poinsettia is gorgeous love the paper you used! I love seeing your Christmas cards throughout the year!!!

Anonymous said...

I should take your advise and start them now!!!! Last year I was such a slacker! Great job GF!

Lori said...

What a pretty Christmas card! I love the patterned poinsettia petals and the sparkly bling at the center.

wendy said...

you go girl!!!